Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.6 owners only!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2014, 07:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 12JKjeep
Mine is an automatic.

1 - What gear ratio are you running? 4:88

2 - What tire size & Brand are you running? 35" KM2's witch run very small

3 - At 70 mph what RPM is your engine turning? 2700rpm

4 - Are you using the AEV PROCAL or Superchips Flashpaq? Procal

5 - On the road what is your opinion of the performance? Handles good on road plenty of acceleration still.

6 - Off road what is your opinion of the performance? Does great Offroad

7 - If your fairy god mother came to you and said you will get any tire/gear package you want would you change and to what? I should have gone to a 37" tire and will this summer.
How is the 4:88 with 35's? Sounds like you won't have to regear when you goto 37's

matthew
Old 01-27-2014, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

1. 3.73's 5 speed auto
2. 33x12.5x15 BFG AT T/A KO
3. 2250
4. Superchips FlashCal
5. Tires and gears aside, the 3.6 is SO much better than my 07 with the 3.8
6. Off road I like the 3.6 better than the 3.8, but it's not nearly as big a difference as on road. Tires and gearwise it's not as optimal, but this is my DD and family vehicle, so in my case its a decent middle ground
7. I would change to a 6 speed manual with 35's and 4.10's. It's probably the best combo of everything, but since my wife can't drive stick, well, it's just not happening, at least until we save up enough for me to buy her a new WK2
Old 01-27-2014, 10:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WINGIT
This is yet another gearing thread. But I think I want something different. I want info on your rig. Even if you are still running stock gears and tires I want to hear from you. If you have upgraded I want to hear from you also. This is what I am looking for....... 1 - What gear ratio are you running? 2 - What tire size & Brand are you running? 3 - At 70 mph what RPM is your engine turning? 4 - Are you using the AEV PROCAL or Superchips Flashpaq? 5 - On the road what is your opinion of the performance? 6 - Off road what is your opinion of the performance? 7 - If your fairy god mother came to you and said you will get any tire/gear package you want would you change and to what?
4:10 35" Nitto Trail Grappler 2650 at 75 mph, about 2400-2500 at 70 mph. AEV Procal On road -good Off road - better I have it already. Method fat 5's, 17" and the Nitto trails.

Last edited by Jeepstin12; 02-07-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced

I was thinking no way your turn 2500 @ 70 mph then I saw your a 09. OP is looking for 12+ jeeps.
Oops I missed that part that he was looking for 12+ ...... I just finished taking a picture too on the hiway to show it lol
Old 01-28-2014, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Oops I missed that part that he was looking for 12+ ...... I just finished taking a picture too on the hiway to show it lol
Mistakes happen. Only reason I am interested in 12+ is the engine is a completely diferent animal.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DadsCJ
1 - 4.56

2 - 35" Nitto Trail Grappler

3 - 2850

4 - AEV PROCAL

5 - Around town it is quick, love the off line jump. On Highway at 75-80 runs high RPM 3000 but still gets good MPG

6 - Awesome, simply awesome.....

7 - No, thought about going to 37" but it does everything I want and need and I don't have to mess with the drive shafts and lift

2850 Can't be accurate. That's higher than some running 4.88. Do you have a manual?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

This is yet another gearing thread. But I think I want something different. I want info on your rig. Even if you are still running stock gears and tires I want to hear from you. If you have upgraded I want to hear from you also. This is what I am looking for.......

1 - What gear ratio are you running?

2 - What tire size & Brand are you running?

3 - At 70 mph what RPM is your engine turning?

4 - Are you using the AEV PROCAL or Superchips Flashpaq?

5 - On the road what is your opinion of the performance?

6 - Off road what is your opinion of the performance?

7 - If your fairy god mother came to you and said you will get any tire/gear package you want would you change and to what?

1 - What gear ratio are you running? ---4.88

2 - What tire size & Brand are you running?----Toyo MT 35x17

3 - At 70 mph what RPM is your engine turning?---3000ish

4 - Are you using the AEV PROCAL or Superchips Flashpaq? ---AEV ProCal

5 - On the road what is your opinion of the performance? ---performance is fine. Gas mileage could be better if I'd have went with 4.56. As it sits, I'm going to move to 37" tires with my pretzel axles and treat it like I did my XJ with a D35

6 - Off road what is your opinion of the performance?---like, it's pretty decent for trail running. My other Jeep has a 4:1 and it's better off-road but this one is fine (Mine's a Sport as I didn't want the 4:1 in this Jeep)

7 - If your fairy god mother came to you and said you will get any tire/gear package you want would you change and to what?---TIres and gears....hmmmm. I really like my Kevlars on my other Jeep (ran 40" and 38" now). I'd run a 35" Kevlar MTR and 4.56 gears.

Oh, my Jeep is a 2012 Auto. New head, fresh oil pump, fresh oil pump sensor and some new ABS stuff....(all courtesy of my warranty)
Old 01-28-2014, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is yet another gearing thread. But I think I want something different. I want info on your rig. Even if you are still running stock gears and tires I want to hear from you. If you have upgraded I want to hear from you also. This is what I am looking for.......

7 - If your fairy god mother came to you and said you will get any tire/gear package you want would you change and to what?
1. 3.21
2. 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ P3
3. No idea
4. No
5. Great
6. No idea .... yet
7. Only if she came with a unlimited gas card, I would go to 35's or 37's and 4.88s
Old 01-28-2014, 11:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

1. 4.10
2. 33x13.5 Irok SS (very heavy tires)
3. ~2500 (~2350 at 60)
4. Procal
5. Perfect mix. Great in town and on the highway (hit 21 MPG once - even with my mods - which is better than my best tank while stock). I'm a tad under geared in the mountains when I'm pulling my trailer... otherwise I'm very happy with how it's setup. Can consistently get 17 MPG with my trailer (17-17.5 without).
6. I don't rock crawl, so they're a little low for me if I go to 4lo - however I only need to do that to engage my lockers, otherwise I don't have issues.
7. I'm happy with how things are setup now. I'll go to 35s once these wear out, which means I'll likely have to regear at some point (if I don't put an LS in), but with how well these are working out I don't see it being a major issue. BUt if I do re-gear I'd like to try and keep the ratio the same as what I have now - if only to make the drive in the mountains with my trailer better.
8. Auto (this makes a difference as the auto in the 2012+ has a lower ratio than the 6 spd).

Last edited by Septu; 01-28-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Here's my reply. Note that my rig is Ripp Supercharged.

1 - What gear ratio are you running? 4.88

2 - What tire size & Brand are you running? 37" Goodyear MTR's

3 - At 70 mph what RPM is your engine turning? 2750

4 - Are you using the AEV PROCAL or Superchips Flashpaq? Neither...using Diablo Sport Trinity

5 - On the road what is your opinion of the performance? Ripp Supercharged too. On road performance is great. City MPG around 16. Hwy about 18-19 at 70mph.

6 - Off road what is your opinion of the performance? Haven't been offroad much. I'm sure I'll be satisfied though.

7 - If your fairy god mother came to you and said you will get any tire/gear package you want would you change and to what? Wouldn't change a thing.

Quick Reply: 3.6 owners only!!!!!!!!!!