Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

35" tire on stock tire carrier?

Old 04-16-2016, 09:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I upgraded to 35" tire this weekend (Toyo). I will probably be able to upgrade my tire carrier in 4 months. I guess for now monitor the stock carrier closely and no offloading till then.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SF_E60
I upgraded to 35" tire this weekend (Toyo). I will probably be able to upgrade my tire carrier in 4 months. I guess for now monitor the stock carrier closely and no offloading till then.
I went to Home Depot and bought solid rubber drain stoppers and pushed them into the stock tire bumps. This will keep the tire tight to the gate. I ran for a year till I got my tire carrier.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cedarraider
I went to Home Depot and bought solid rubber drain stoppers and pushed them into the stock tire bumps. This will keep the tire tight to the gate. I ran for a year till I got my tire carrier.
Good idea!

I heard radiator hose works too.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cedarraider
Can you take some pictures of your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: 35" tire on stock tire carrier?