Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How reliable is Line-x

Old 03-26-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How reliable is Line-x

Hey guys, just wondering how reliable line x is to surface steel?
Old 03-27-2010, 02:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Reliable? Not certain what you mean. Durability, maybe? Anyway, I had my (now my son's) F-150 done ten years ago and it has withstood tons of abuse, from hauling camping gear heavy appliances to tree limbs to gravel (when you own a pick-up, you get lots of friends). There are a couple small (less than a few inches long, 1/4" wide) scrapes through it to the metal, but only where something we were hauling was really heavy and sharp and gouged out the Line-X material. They can patch it up, if need be. We have a tonneau on the truck bed, so can't address durability vis-a-vis sun exposure.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

If it's still the same from when I had my Line-X done in my F-150, there's a nationwide, lifetime warranty. You may be able to get those slits repaired for free.

JN

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Reliable? Not certain what you mean. Durability, maybe? Anyway, I had my (now my son's) F-150 done ten years ago and it has withstood tons of abuse, from hauling camping gear heavy appliances to tree limbs to gravel (when you own a pick-up, you get lots of friends). There are a couple small (less than a few inches long, 1/4" wide) scrapes through it to the metal, but only where something we were hauling was really heavy and sharp and gouged out the Line-X material. They can patch it up, if need be. We have a tonneau on the truck bed, so can't address durability vis-a-vis sun exposure.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had Rhino in an '01 Silverado, then new. It faded and showed a tiny bit of surface deterioration after five years being outside in the elements. I've been a Line-X customer since and, from what I can tell (bed of a Ram, entire tub on my JK), it's the superior, longer lasting product.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by REDJK21
Hey guys, just wondering how reliable line x is to surface steel?
I was ready to line-x the inside and outside of my entire Rubicon. I hate worrying about scratches and having to wash and wax a vehicle
Old 03-27-2010, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

I had line x in the back of my ram. It was expensive at the time, thinkin $400, but dang they did a great job and it was tough tough tough. Id do it again.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

line x is a great product but it will fade with the sun and look almost chalky. i have used most brands and if i were doing the whole jeep outside i would use vortex with there uv coating. it holds up well and i did my dodge ram with it down the rocker panels and held up well the three years i had it and it looked glossy for all three years. linex is a high pressure product and more like sand paper. vortex is more like rubber and will give a little and not let things slide as much. both are great products but i preffer vortex over linex for the outside of the vehicle as well as inside unless you are hauling lots of steel and sharp things. then linex holds up better. this goes for any liner that is high pressure or low pressure spray (low pressure is scorpion, vortex, rhino, etc... or high linex and i am sure there are others but i like the low pressure better so never used any other high pressure coatings). hope that helps
Old 03-28-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Look at the Linex Xtra if you're going to do the entire Jeep. It has the UV protectants and can be sprayed in damn near any color you want.

Doing the tub and entire Jeep is going to add a good amount of weight to the vehicle also. You wouldn't think it, but a normal truck bed usually adds ~80lbs after being sprayed.

Quick Reply: How reliable is Line-x