Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

35's on Jk...How much lift?

Old 03-27-2010, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 1/2 " lift with KM2's on 17"x8 1/2 " rims and set up works great exept rubing on front plastic skid plate i took wiz wheel and just cut sides down a little bit there is a factory crease you can follow cant even tell its cut no biggie took ten minutes as for the gears i had 4.10's and with 35's you basically lose OD on high way thought i could live with but cant so if you plan 35's put some money aside to regear trust me i did 5.13 cause i tow sometimes you can get away with 4.88's but for the price might as well do it once i run about 2800 rpm at 80-82 mph i put super charger and is great did superchip on wifes and huge improvement and has alot of features others dont worth the money
Old 03-27-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

You guys are good! Thanks for all the info, the people in Quadratec told me pretty much the same thing. This is just for mud off roading so I might just go with a 2, 2.5 BB to be on the safe side.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

JUST got done with the AEV Premium 3.5" lift and 35 x 12.50 17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on Mickey Thompson Sidebiters......initial thoughts:

1) Trail Grapplers seem to be a happy medium between the Terra Grapplers and the Mud Grapplers as far as noise, aggressiveness, etc.

2) GOTTA have the ProCal to take care of speedo, wheel centering, etc

3) Probably going to have to re-gear in the future from the stock gearing. The 3.8 has enough to make it go, but there is a considerable "hole" in the acceleration now, even with my Banks CAI.

Just my .02
Old 03-28-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

aev nice kit congrates let me know how you like it thinking about doing the same when i changed tires felt same regear and its a hole new world its just a 1800 dollar mod that i seemed to forget about till i put tires on then you feel it worth it in long run

Quick Reply: 35's on Jk...How much lift?