Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

37in Tires and what size beadlockers?

Old 03-02-2015, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37in Tires and what size beadlockers?

Got my 3.5in RK X-Factor suspension....now Im looking for a great tire. I like the Toyo M/T Open Country but everyone around here runs them on everything and want to stand out from the crowd. Any Ideas on a good 37in M/T tire? Also looking for a nice bead-locker but not sure what size to run with 37s... any input on size and brand will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No matter what rim, you want 3.5 back spacing to keep the tires from rubbing. Did you look at the nitto tires? Mine are wearing nicely. 15k miles and barely a difference between them and my spare. It seems most people are running 17 inch rims. With 37s larger rims look good, but I prefer spending less per rim and tire and have more rubber between the rocks and the rim. Nearly every beadlock I see are ATX slabs, but I like the look of the Trail Ready beadlocks ever since I saw a bright green Poison Spyder build.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

This was the Jeep that was my inspiration. I found the pic on Poison Spyder's website

Old 03-02-2015, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Just_Q
This was the Jeep that was my inspiration. I found the pic on Poison Spyder's website

Thats the exact bead-lockers i want. thats a sexy jeep
Old 03-02-2015, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

for tires, i would look at the nitto mudgrappler, trailgrappler, ss irok radial, or pitbull rocker radial. as far as beadlocks, i guess it depends on which style of wheel you like. im happy with my spyderlocks
Old 03-02-2015, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK_Jeff

Thats the exact bead-lockers i want. thats a sexy jeep
Love my TRs with world ring :-)

I took advice from the shop and chose 4" backspace, wish I went with 3.5" take that advice
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150303_144640.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	599495  

Last edited by Christian13; 03-02-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Your other thread was 'which lift' for 40" tires, which turned into an additional 10-15k + for axles plus all of the extras. Now, a few hours later, you have already not only decided on, but bought, a lift (not because of research, but because one or two people said it's good?) and you are set on 37's and beadlock(ers).

Maybe you should consider putting the credit card away and spending a few more days researching? I may be completely off-base, but it is sounding more and more like all you want to do is show off to your neighbors without every putting any real thought into the build...

If you do move on to 40's, you will likely be moving to d60's or better, right? They use a different bolt pattern, and should be wider than the stock axles - so you might be buying another expensive set of beadlock(ers) at that point.

You might also start looking into strength mods for that front d30. it may not hold up as well as you would like to 37's and heavy beadlock(ers).

Last edited by nthinuf; 03-02-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Your other thread was 'which lift' for 40" tires, which turned into an additional 10-15k + for axles plus all of the extras. Now, a few hours later, you have already not only decided on, but bought, a lift (not because of research, but because one or two people said it's good?) and you are set on 37's and beadlock(ers).

Maybe you should consider putting the credit card away and spending a few more days researching? I may be completely off-base, but it is sounding more and more like all you want to do is show off to your neighbors without every putting any real thought into the build...
This is funny. Although, when the OP started the first 40" tires thread, he did end up saying he has had it for a year, and has been wheeling it, when I suggested wheeling for a while and seeing what trails he likes, etc. He originally started talking about the RK 3.5. I think he was set on that lift, as long as it worked. I spent over a year researching, wheeling, learning what things I wanted to change on the stock JK before I purchased my lift. I would never say my choices are the right choices for someone else, but they were right for me. Hopefully the OP had completed his research over the time he has had his JK, and was just looking for confirmation that his choices would work in the real world.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf

If you do move on to 40's, you will likely be moving to d60's or better, right? They use a different bolt pattern, and should be wider than the stock axles - so you might be buying another expensive set of beadlock(ers) at that point.

You might also start looking into strength mods for that front d30. it may not hold up as well as you would like to 37's and heavy beadlock(ers).
I havent bought the lift yet thats the one I was originally going with even with the 40's just wanting to hear from some owners. I want the 37s because I dont have 25k to drop on it right now. I want to do 3.5" with 37's so I can slowly beef my jeep up enough to do what I want. Im probably going to do 5.13 gears with it. Then eventually go with pro rock 60s and going with an Adams drive shaft. I just want to be able to build my jeep slowly and not break the bank all at one time. I was up in the air with the 40's or 37s I've done my research just coming on here to see what u guys have in mind before I do it. Thanks for ur input...anything will help bud....i dont really know that many people around me besides some family since I got back from Iraq so I really use yall for advise. plus i dont have a credit card just saved up..lol
Old 03-02-2015, 07:37 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You might look at Treadors or creepy crawlers if you want to stand out. Look at the bias if you really want to go wild.

Quick Reply: 37in Tires and what size beadlockers?