Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.1 stroker? Who's done it? Pros vs cons

Old 05-14-2015, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Computer is very confused right now. Yes I am putting my ripp on this. I can't wait for it to be dynod.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does Zach have the tune for an otherwise stock 4.1 stroker kit worked out? In other words, will all installations be problematic, or is yours a special case because of the RIPP?
Old 05-15-2015, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blakspire
Does Zach have the tune for an otherwise stock 4.1 stroker kit worked out? In other words, will all installations be problematic, or is yours a special case because of the RIPP?
I'm wondering the same. It sounds like you already have the supercharger on it no? If that's the case I take it you won't be doing any dyno runs before and after the supercharger.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think he has tunes for it period. Rip or no Ripp. That obviously pisses me off. He won't send me a tune from his SC that he builds. I paid $300 for 10 tunes and now I'm getting 1 tune for 300. It should come with a tune to begin with. I'm not happy about that. I have to data log and send him the factory tune and the ripp tune so he can write a tune for it. This part should have been done 2 weeks ago so I'm not in this situation.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by almost
I'm wondering the same. It sounds like you already have the supercharger on it no? If that's the case I take it you won't be doing any dyno runs before and after the supercharger.
The Ripp is on. If I can negotiate with the diesel guys around here to just let me run it on there dyno and no tuning i should have numbers pretty quick. All the diesel shops here not nice people and it would cost me an arm and a leg. I might have to ask Fleece Performance if they can just run it once.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:50 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jarod5
The Ripp is on. If I can negotiate with the diesel guys around here to just let me run it on there dyno and no tuning i should have numbers pretty quick. All the diesel shops here not nice people and it would cost me an arm and a leg. I might have to ask Fleece Performance if they can just run it once.
I would advise against that. Even one full pull with an improper *could damage your motor. Also if the tune is off, whatever numbers you obtain wont be a good indicator of your final number once everything is dialed in. Just a thought...
Old 05-16-2015, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

After I get some tuning from Zach. I'm not going to do that in its condition right now.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jarod5
He did say that there were 25 other 4.1 Stroker engines out there
Sure would love some feed back from those guys....though I don't believe him! I'm really hoping everything works out for you! My motor is at 105k and I've got to come up with a plan in the event of it taken a dump. A V8 swap isn't going to happen unless I win the lotto
Old 05-17-2015, 06:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Motor installed for two weeks and they have not provided a usable tune?
Old 05-17-2015, 09:44 AM
JK Super Freak

subscribed, I like everyone else here am interested in options when my 3.8 dies eventually. really hoping this works out for you

Quick Reply: 4.1 stroker? Who's done it? Pros vs cons