Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.1 stroker? Who's done it? Pros vs cons

Old 10-22-2016, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroked

Originally Posted by Morghill
I did it.... Very long story, but at the end of the day, oh and 3 camshafts and a thrown rod, and broken crank, I put a fresh 3.8L back in and sold the Jeep.

Your welcome to PM me for more details if you want.
Ouch! Sorry to read that! Cheers
Old 01-03-2017, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

I have build a 3.8 motor with Nissan GTR conrods and pistons. It eliminates the weaknesses of the 3.8 namely conrods and piston blowby (oil consumption). I have lowered the compression to 9.0 to 1 as I am running a RIPP on a ultra high altitude pulley. Pulley was homemade. The motor have been balanced internally as well. I did not go for the stroker option as it is already a bored out 3.3.

The advantage of the GTR conrods is that I have used the standard ones which the performance guys discards to fit high performance ones. The crank needed severe cutting on the big-ends which meant that I had to have everything balanced and the crank nitrided.

I am just strugging with some wiring issues as I have also changed it to a stick shift at the same time.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default Hp gain

I'm currently running a stock 3.8 with stage 2 ripp supercharger @ 10 psi. Ripp long tube headders, 37" tires ats Trans. With cooler and torque converter 5.38 gears throttle body spacer screaming demon coil pack, 6" long arm lift. And $1,000s in extras. Currently getting 249 whp@380 torque. The #s you put out jerod5 isn't quite what I was expecting running 35"s. Are you using stock gears and did you get a dino pass before motor swap to see the difference between stock 3
8 and stroker 4.1 running the ripp
Old 02-01-2017, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Andre`

I'm currently look into uping my boost how much small did you go with you charger pull and how much boost are you getting

Quick Reply: 4.1 stroker? Who's done it? Pros vs cons