Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.10 and 35's

Default 4.10 and 35's

Is anyone currently running the stock 4.10 gears with 35 inch tires? If so how does it run? Is it unbearable or not too bad? Any help turning O/D off?
    --2010 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    Cb, B.W flats, Hi lift, B.A rear bumper, RR XHD front bumper w/ stinger, Smittybilt winch xrc8 w/ extras, 16.5 Double bead locks, Procal module, 4 KC long range, 2.5" TF shock and coil lift, 37x12.5r16.5 goodyear's, Jks front adj. trackbar, Teraflex gussets, coast 1310 front driveshaft, on board air, grab handles, Soft top quick release, fire extinguisher, DS up dash panel, 5.13 yukons, coverking neoprene covers, homemade trunk, homemade relocated plate, 2" PA BL

I don't think it is unbearable, but I will upgrade my gears when finances allow. I have a manual so turning off OD is not an option for me. It is ok driving around town, but pretty bad on interstate driving.
    2008 Stone White Rubicon Unlimited
    Manual Transmission
    2.5" Terra Flex BB
    Full Traction front and rear adjustable trackbars
    3/4" spacers on front
    Warn PowerPlant
    Warn Front Bumper
    Warn Rear Bumper with tire carrier
    17" KMC Enduro's
    35x12.50 BFG KM's
    Garvin Roof Rack
    Black Wet Okoles for all seats
    Custom Exhaust with Flowmaster muffler
    Spray Bed liner for interior
    Tuffy Security Deck

www.northridge4x4.com
    www.offroadevolution.com

I have automatic with 35's and the 4.10s drove to Michigan from Tennessee with a superchips programmer and got 18 mpgs... I will regear when finances allow but after driving a TJ with 3.73s and 33" tires and a 2.5 4 cylinder and automatic. I feel like I am in a hot rod now.

Did 6 months with 35's on 3.73's. Not ideally but survivable.
    2008 Flame Red X
    35X12.50X17 BFG KM2's, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Adjustable Track Bars,Custom Front and Rear Bumper, Shrockworks Rock Rails, Teraflex 2.5 Coil Lift with OME LT Shocks, Cobra 19 with 4' Fire Stick, Superchips Flashpaq, 5.13 Gears, ARB Lockers Front and Rear, ARB Dif Covers, Dynomax Exhaust, EVO C2 Gussets

Jeep Karma, Pass It On

Northridge4x4.com

thanks for the fast replies everyone. Sounds like I might stay with 4.10s for a while until I get a little more cash.
    --2010 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    Cb, B.W flats, Hi lift, B.A rear bumper, RR XHD front bumper w/ stinger, Smittybilt winch xrc8 w/ extras, 16.5 Double bead locks, Procal module, 4 KC long range, 2.5" TF shock and coil lift, 37x12.5r16.5 goodyear's, Jks front adj. trackbar, Teraflex gussets, coast 1310 front driveshaft, on board air, grab handles, Soft top quick release, fire extinguisher, DS up dash panel, 5.13 yukons, coverking neoprene covers, homemade trunk, homemade relocated plate, 2" PA BL

JK Jedi

I'll be the voice of dissension here, I thought the performance with stock tires/gears was poor enough. (Sahara 3.73's with 32's) Could I be happy on the freeway with stock gears and 35's? Not a chance...

I ran 5.13's with 32" tires for 6 months before going to 35's, that was acceptable power.

Default Yea

Member John Smack is running 37's on his stock rubi 4.10 I beleive.

07 X Rescue Green 6 speed
    315/75R16 Hankook DynaPros
    4.88s
    2.5" TF coil lift + 1" spacer in R.
    1.25" RC BL
    1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers
    ProRock 44 unlimited F. axle
    Coast 1310 F. Driveshaft
    RCV F. axle shafts
    TF quick discos
    TF F. track bar
    PSC body armor/evap skid
    Riddler R. diff cover
    ARB air lockers F/R
    AEV tire carrier
    Warn M8000
    Smitty SRC stinger
    KC Slimlites/MBRP windshield brackets
    ARB under hood compressor
    Evo rock stars
    Homebuilt/Rubi sliders

Northridge4x4

Quote Originally Posted by nthinuf View Post
    I'll be the voice of dissension here, I thought the performance with stock tires/gears was poor enough. (Sahara 3.73's with 32's) Could I be happy on the freeway with stock gears and 35's? Not a chance...

I ran 5.13's with 32" tires for 6 months before going to 35's, that was acceptable power.
    Ya but, 5.13's with 32's is going to shread your tranny, right? and it isn't your DD, where you drive to work 10 mile commute, right? (Just guessing here)

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Plukethe2?feature=mhee

JK Jedi

Yep, it is my DD. And it's an auto. That .69 O/D goes a long way.

I was at 2600 rpm @ 70, far from tranny shredding velocity...

People really need to get a grasp of the drive ratio's behind this weak ass engine...

JK Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nthinuf View Post

You're also a mile high, which completely sucks the life out of most engines. Our stock Sahara is a 6mt with the 3.73's and you pretty much have to stay in 3rd or 4th gear to make it up most of the mountain passes... I plan on switching to 4.88's soon and will likely only upgrade to 33's...

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast