Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 inch suspension 2 inch coil lift

Old 07-21-2014, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
It sounds like you have talked yourself out of it, (which is good!) but just for a visual, post 10 shows a 6" lift with 37's and 'stock' flares. Imagine another couple inches of wheel well for chopped or flat flares. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...5s-37s-286512/ There are no definite rules for if/when a driveshaft will need to be replaced, too many variables. (total lift, shock length, disconnecting, flexing offroad vs speedbumps at the mall, etc, etc). As part of regular maintenance, you will need to crawl underneath and actually check the boots for cracking/splitting. The middle boot isn't a real big deal, (unless it is smacking into the corner of the tranny pan and peeling the lip) but if a tcase joint boot is split, there will be a very noticeable ring of grease slung on the undercarriage above the tcase joint. Once you see that, you will have some decisions to make. Depending on tire size, you will want to research re-gearing. Depending on actual use and needs, you will want to research front housing mods. (gussets/truss/inner sleeves/outer sleeves/ca skids) For lockers, this is a decent over-view. (the d44 eaton e-locker has been upgraded to a 4-pin design since this was written) Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Dynatrac Presents - Lockers 101 In addition to those, you should also take a serious look at the detroit truetrac. You can get a pair of them for less than a single selectable locker, and they will likely be all the traction you will ever need.

Yeah that 6 and 37's are nice and I'd kill to have that but I think I'm gunna stay 3.5-4 and 35's cuz this is a daily driver and as bad as I'd love to be that big jeep and people be like woah! I'll probably end up settling for smaller. All my friends said it's a waist and I can do well over plenty of stuff with a 4 inch lift I can do some complicated trail rides and stuff so I'm ok with that, and I plan on cutting the flairs and maybe getting wheel spacers to have the bully dog stance. We will see I guess lol

Last edited by k0260; 07-27-2014 at 07:08 PM. Reason: disabled project jk link from previous post
Old 07-21-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 3.25" rough country with upper an lower control arms on my wife's 4 door. Also have 2" coil spacers. Along with Rubicon Express hi steer kit. "This is a must have!" . It gets her to an from where ever she wants to go. At the moment it has the stock drive shafts and has had them for 2 years and 40k + miles. There's a little vibration but not bad.
If it was my wheelen jeep. Drive shafts would be a must! The front will rub on the tranny pan when it flexes.
! One day ill up grade. Maybe when she lets me drive it.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP in the long run do what makes you happy. Overall im glad you are now getting better answers and more information about lift sizes and tire size.

Goodluck with your build.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Matth
I have a 3.25" rough country with upper an lower control arms on my wife's 4 door. Also have 2" coil spacers. Along with Rubicon Express hi steer kit. "This is a must have!" . It gets her to an from where ever she wants to go. At the moment it has the stock drive shafts and has had them for 2 years and 40k + miles. There's a little vibration but not bad. If it was my wheelen jeep. Drive shafts would be a must! The front will rub on the tranny pan when it flexes. ! One day ill up grade. Maybe when she lets me drive it.

Haha that's awesome that's what I was thinking about doing but going 4 inch lift with 2 inch coil spacers but we'll see there's so many options I hate it lol do you have a picture of her jeep?
Old 07-27-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

No I have the stock driveshafts. I don't get to wheel it much and it is my daily. Currently getting a new motor put in it and I've driven it maybe 5 times the past 2 months so I'm not happy about that bit anyway... Rant over. Yeah can stuff the tires completely into the wheel wells front and rear. I need longer shocks though because they are what is limiting my drop. Also if you are seeing good flex watch your brake lines, mine are a little too tight for my comfort so keep those in mind as well.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's one with very little flex. If it would flex a lot it would get real close to the tires. And the tires are bfg at 295/75/16"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-735625148.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	567820   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2670886246.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	567821   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1994062548.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	567827   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3984350239.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	567829  
Old 07-27-2014, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

Here's another pic to give you an idea of my silver jeep. 3.5" MetalCloak Game Changer lift with 37" tires, next to another on 33" tires.

Here's another of it next to a stock hummer.

In front of a stock jeep.

Flexing

I'd skip any spacers if possible and do a coil lift. 2.5 - 3.5" lift and cut flat fenders is all you need for a big mean looking jeep that is well capable on the trails, without having to sink a ton of money in other mods to be properly setup.

Last edited by D3ADLY; 07-27-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D3ADLY
Here's another pic to give you an idea of my silver jeep. 3.5" MetalCloak Game Changer lift with 37" tires, next to another on 33" tires. Here's another of it next to a stock hummer. In front of a stock jeep. Flexing I'd skip any spacers if possible and do a coil lift. 2.5 - 3.5" lift and cut flat fenders is all you need for a big mean looking jeep that is well capable on the trails, without having to sink a ton of money in other mods to be properly setup.

Dude that's what I'm gunna do that's just the look I want! Ur jeeps sick! Love it. What type of grill is that?
Old 07-29-2014, 03:37 AM
JK Freak

Thanks. The grill is stock, but the front bumper is a Smittybilt MOD with stinger. The lights on it are separate. They're Rigid Industries D2's.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D3ADLY
Thanks. The grill is stock, but the front bumper is a Smittybilt MOD with stinger. The lights on it are separate. They're Rigid Industries D2's.

Oh I see you have the angry eye rings on... Now what do you do for inspection with your flairs cut that much? Ik pa can be jerks about it. I'll probably take it to the garage I bought it from to get inspected... Anyone ever say anything to you about it?

Quick Reply: 4 inch suspension 2 inch coil lift