Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4" kit build. Absolute necessary components?

Old 02-14-2017, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lonesometree
Holy shiz! How did I miss this? Must have abandoned the thread! Sorry man. Do you still have??
Yes, I still have them. Sorry for the late response!!
Old 02-14-2017, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by japatton@icloud.com
Thanks!! I will absolutely send pics!! I purchased through Northridge a few weeks ago. Any idea when you guys will get it shipped to them?
I finally got it installed a couple of weeks ago, but the pics I have aren't very good. I will try to get some better pics this weekend.

I have to say, this housing is beefy!! I had Northridge4x4 weld on a Synergy TB mount and Evo LCA skids before they shipped it out. The rest of the install went smoother!! Handling is back to where it was with the geo correction brackets. One question... Is there a reason the LCA skids aren't installed or offered by Dynatrac? I'd expect this to be factory or at least an option.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4089634814.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	468.8 KB
ID:	666574  
Old 02-14-2017, 05:09 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

A better solution is to raise the lower mounts so they don't hang below the axle. Gives you flatter arms for a better ride and better ground clearance.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
A better solution is to raise the lower mounts so they don't hang below the axle. Gives you flatter arms for a better ride and better ground clearance.
Baby steps... I've owned a lot of Jeeps, but this is my first real off-roading and I'm building/rebuilding as I learn and go. Your recommendation makes sense. I'd like to hear from Dynatrac as to why they wouldn't offer this option.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:52 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Dynatrac will do whatever you want. You just need to watch your control arm length.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:56 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by japatton@icloud.com
Baby steps... I've owned a lot of Jeeps, but this is my first real off-roading and I'm building/rebuilding as I learn and go. Your recommendation makes sense. I'd like to hear from Dynatrac as to why they wouldn't offer this option.
With so many different ways ProRock housings are offered, it's just not practical for us to include them, especially since not everyone installs those plates.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks to J Patton for the geo brackets!!!
Old 02-28-2017, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lonesometree
Thanks to J Patton for the geo brackets!!!
You're welcome!!
Old 02-28-2017, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
With so many different ways ProRock housings are offered, it's just not practical for us to include them, especially since not everyone installs those plates.
I can see that. Now that I've got everything installed, aligned and have driven it for a thousand miles or so, I really like how it handles. It now handles like when the geo brackets were installed on the OEM housing. Can't wait to test it out off the pavement!!

Quick Reply: 4" kit build. Absolute necessary components?