Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4in Superlift with 37's?? or 35's??

Old 03-20-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4in Superlift with 37's?? or 35's??

ive been doing a lot or searching forums and have seen a lot of different opinions. Was wanting some advice from people running 37's on a 4inch lift. Is there rubbing problems? and if you still have 4.10 gears as i do if it is slow as hell? im trying to decide between 35's and 37's both 12.50 with a -6mm offset. advice and of course Pictures would be appreciated. Also i have a 4door and i think the 35's look kind of small but i dont want to sacrifice a lot of performance for a good look. Please help pics please
Old 03-20-2009, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

I have an Unlimited with the Superlift 4". I ran 35"s with no rubbing. I installed 5.13s and it had great power. I just installed 37"s and had to cut the rear pinch seam. I also have tube fenders on the front which could hold a larger tire. I now wish that I had 5.38s. The power is back like 35s and 4.10s. Hope this helped.

with 35s

with 37s
Old 03-20-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking rig.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah I think I'm going to get the 37's so I'm not mad at myself with 35's and then save a little $ for gears. I have no problem cutting the pinch seam. But I'm wondering if the 37's will rub up front at full lock either on the air dam or the bumper and also how bad the rub will be when stuffing 37's with only 4 inch lift. I'm getting the new mtrs with Kevlar and at the shop here in town they can do 35's and 37's for the same price! More pics and advice still unsure!!

Sweet rig roketman thanks!
Old 03-21-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been debating this for some time too. I have only had my 09 Rubi for a couple of weeks and she still only has 73 miles. I have done more time staring at the 37 inch threads, and the 35 inch threads than I have been in the jeep or anything else for that matter lately. I am freakin dreamin about big lifted jeeps!

So in retrospect we all like the look of the bigger tires, but the more and more I look at them the best looking Riggs are the ones with a 3.5 inch or 4 inch teraflex, or rubicon express, and a 1 inch M.O.R.E. body lift or a 6 inch long arm kit. It apperas that most guys that only go with the 4 inch lift and 37's are rubbing, or swapping bumpers.

I have been leaning towards 37's and now after looking at a few before and after shots of some jeeps with the 37's stuffed under a jeep with a lift set up for 35's... I think the 35's look better in proportion with the 4inch or under club, and 37's for the 4.5 inch or above.

The island I live on there are only a few unlimiteds. I pulled up next to a lifted one with 275/70/18's on it (don't know what that equates too) but my Rubi's stock KM2's seemed just about as tall.. his lift made the jeep look so much bigger.

If it were me, my vote would be to build your jeep up with the 4 inch and 35's. Then save up the money to do the gears, driveshafts, bumpers, and engine performance mods to bring her up to snuff, (not to mention gusseting/strengthining your axle) by the time your 35's wear out you will be able to have the cash saved up for the rest of the stuff to really be trail ready on 37's. (in the meantime you may find a friend with 37's and be able to test drive and see if you really think this is a wise upgrade) It is hard not to want 37's... I do....but the more and more I read, it seems that the 35's may be the more responsible choice.

No offense to all you guys with 37's!! I am totally jealous that my jeep doesn's sit ON 37's with a 6 inch Long Arm and a Big Bad V-8. ( BUT THE CORVETTES/ WILL BE SOLD ONE DAY) and right now I am trying to sell my two 74 crudmobiles just to buy a set of big tires!

Last edited by livin; 03-21-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by livin
I have been debating this for some time too. I have only had my 09 Rubi for a couple of weeks and she still only has 73 miles. I have done more time staring at the 37 inch threads, and the 35 inch threads than I have been in the jeep or anything else for that matter lately. I am freakin dreamin about big lifted jeeps!

So in retrospect we all like the look of the bigger tires, but the more and more I look at them the best looking Riggs are the ones with a 3.5 inch or 4 inch teraflex, or rubicon express, and a 1 inch M.O.R.E. body lift or a 6 inch long arm kit. It apperas that most guys that only go with the 4 inch lift and 37's are rubbing, or swapping bumpers.

I have been leaning towards 37's and now after looking at a few before and after shots of some jeeps with the 37's stuffed under a jeep with a lift set up for 35's... I think the 35's look better in proportion with the 4inch or under club, and 37's for the 4.5 inch or above.

The island I live on there are only a few unlimiteds. I pulled up next to a lifted one with 275/70/18's on it (don't know what that equates too) but my Rubi's stock KM2's seemed just about as tall.. his lift made the jeep look so much bigger.

If it were me, my vote would be to build your jeep up with the 4 inch and 35's. Then save up the money to do the gears, driveshafts, bumpers, and engine performance mods to bring her up to snuff, (not to mention gusseting/strengthining your axle) by the time your 35's wear out you will be able to have the cash saved up for the rest of the stuff to really be trail ready on 37's. (in the meantime you may find a friend with 37's and be able to test drive and see if you really think this is a wise upgrade) It is hard not to want 37's... I do....but the more and more I read, it seems that the 35's may be the more responsible choice.

No offense to all you guys with 37's!! I am totally jealous that my jeep doesn's sit ON 37's with a 6 inch Long Arm and a Big Bad V-8. ( BUT THE CORVETTES/ WILL BE SOLD ONE DAY) and right now I am trying to sell my two 74 crudmobiles just to buy a set of big tires!

HAHA. Its good to see someone as obsessed as me. Ive been debating this for weeks. But I did go see a Sahara with 4.5 Rubicon Express LA at a dealership. Looked sick. I actually like the more open space under the fender. Then I went to offroad place yesterday and they have a Rubicon in the showroom with 4 inch SA with 37s. Tires looked way too stuffed in there.
If I were just going to use my Jeep for offroad I would do a bigger lift with 37s. But I gotta drive mine everyday.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Ive got a set of 4" Superlift coils for sale if interested, never offroad, look brand new. PM me
Old 03-21-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

I am running 20x10 wheels wrapped in 35s I have never had any problems with my set up.

Last edited by 615jeep; 03-21-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: adding pictures
Old 03-21-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

i had the 4" superlift and /35" tires and compared to the rock krawler 5.5 long arm i just had installed the superlift road like a brick i would not recommend that. do it once also w/ the 4.10 and 35" it was a dog might as well have been a 4 speed went with 5.13 and i love the set up i have a 6 speed again

Quick Reply: 4in Superlift with 37's?? or 35's??