Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6" lifts with 35's or 37's...

Old 09-22-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Teraflex made this video and it's got some great info in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUSrjamaJE
Old 09-22-2013, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsikpup
The kit came with everything but drivelines
man it's your rig do what makes you happy . We can all tell u what we would. But in the end u have to drive it. Personally I like my set up. I will say its a little different driving at 6" inches but like anything else you get use to it
Old 09-22-2013, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

A 6" lift on a 2 door would be very dangerous off road in my opinion. 4 doors can pull it off with their increased wheelbase but it's still too much for them. Remember we have a 95" wheelbase compared to a JKU's 116" WB . Like previous posters said you only need 3.5 to 4" of lift to run 37's. If you like going on trails with steep climbs and descents with off camber stay low generally 4" or less. If you stay under 2.5 you won't need drive shafts either. I personally went with a 3.5" lift to run 37's on mine with flat fenders. Sell it to some mudders or return it you be happier in the long run staling with a LCG build.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sell that 6 inch I have aev 4.5 on a four door and it is mor than enough
Old 09-22-2013, 11:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thx for all the input. Got some decisions to make. Keepin jeepin.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:33 AM
JK Junkie

Wow... 6" on a 2 door. I kind of want to see this

At min.
Adams driveshafts front/rear $650 ish
Synergy Highsteer $300

The biggest problem is going to be pinion angle up front and caster. You are going to have no choice but to give up caster for pinion angle running a aftermarket DS. I'm thinking 1-2* caster and it will drive like ass.
Prorock/TF housing or cut and rotate the C's for caster.

Gotta pay to play. 6" is not cheap.

Last edited by kjeeper10; 09-23-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:59 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

The kit came with everything but drivelines
Never seen a kit come with differential covers before. It not, and you have OEM, how are you going to get the diff's filled with the proper amount of lube? The higher you lift, the more the diff cover fill ports rotate down, the less fluid you can get in them. And while the lift may come with new brake lines, what are they doing with the wheel sensor lines? Those aren't long enough for six inches of lift. And what about the differential breather lines? Still leaving those at the same level, so no gain in water fording ability for your six inches of lift? There is nothing difficult about any of those, but if Rough Country didn't provide for them in the kit or instructions, then how "complete" is that kit really?

BTW: Lifts don't provide clearance over rocks. They can move certain parts like electronics in the engine higher up so it doesn't get wet as easily, but it's really tires that provide clearance over rough terrain. COG is extremely important if you're going to rock crawl--don't think 2" to 3" isn't that much more and you'll be fine. You can't be certain of that until you find out you weren't. Here, for your entertainment (got to love that dismount) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hazd-OHZORI
Old 09-24-2013, 03:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK...OK...sorry to be such a noob. I didn't know. Most of the stuff out here is pretty tame. Was just looking to make my baby a lil meaner.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK...OK...sorry to be such a noob. I didn't know. Most of the stuff out here is pretty tame. Was just looking to make my baby a lil meaner.
No worries man We're here to help, not bash the gift your wife bought you . Cool wife ya must have! 6" is a big commitment (that's what she said), not something that you can just slap on and go. Just make sure you're prepared for what you're getting in to.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wish there was an easy way to figure all this out.. I can drive with the best but I'm not much of a mech.

Quick Reply: 6" lifts with 35's or 37's...