Default ? about ace jk rock sliders

for those who installed these already, is it possible to install the sliders first and then install the rubicon rock rails after or do the rubicon rock rails have to be installed first? i think the ace jk rock sliders look a lot better with the rock rails so i wanted to know which order i should buy them in. thanks

JK Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deaner23
    for those who installed these already, is it possible to install the sliders first and then install the rubicon rock rails after or do the rubicon rock rails have to be installed first? i think the ace jk rock sliders look a lot better with the rock rails so i wanted to know which order i should buy them in. thanks
    I have a rubicon so my rock rails were on first. I think you would have to remove the ace sliders in order to install rubi rails later, but ace slider install is so easy. Literally took 10 minutes to install them. So removing them, installing rubi rails and reinstalling ace sliders would be no issue at all

Agreed. Rubi rail installation will require removing the ACE rails. They are very quick to put on, so no big deal either way.
    2010 Mango Rubicon Unlimited
    4.5" AEV Lift -- 1" PA BL -- 5.38 Yukons
    37" Toyo Open Country MTs -- Pro Comp 7069s
    XHD Stubby -- ACE Rockrails
    Everything covered in Line-X

JK Newbie

We went with ACE because we wanted to keep the rock rails on. You may be able to loosen the bolts holding the sliders on to let them hang down and fit the rock rails. If not its easy to put them both on and off. Good Luck

X 4.

The only time consuming part of the ACE install is trimming down the washers to fit into the rock rail mounts. Once that's done it only takes a few minutes to bolt them on.
    JerryJeff
    2010 Sahara Unlimited-Dark Charcoal Pearl-RC 3.5" Coil Lift w/ RC Shocks -JKS Quicker Discos - Pro Comp 7089s-35" KM2s-AEV Snorkel-G2 5:13s - Truetrac in front-Superchips Flashpaq - Rugged Ridge XHD front bumper w/ RRC Mount-Expedition One rear bumper w/ tire carrier-Delta windshield and fog lights-Smittybilt XRC10 Pro Winch- Bushwacker Flatties - A.C.E. Rock Rails

6. Default JK-Forum