Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about replacing front bumper on 2008 JK

Old 03-19-2014, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about replacing front bumper on 2008 JK

I just picked up my new front bumper and will be replacing it this weekend along with installing a new lift. When I remove the front bumper do I need to be careful of airbags? The last thing I want is to make a simple change cost me $$$. Thanks
Old 03-19-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by mcdonald922
I just picked up my new front bumper and will be replacing it this weekend along with installing a new lift. When I remove the front bumper do I need to be careful of airbags? The last thing I want is to make a simple change cost me $$$. Thanks
no air bag sensors in the bumper so you are good to go.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:18 PM
JK Junkie

Nope, the airbags won't cause you any trouble. You've got to meet certain criteria to set them off and you won't be doing that unless the key is in the ignition and you're installing the bumpers while dangling the jeep from a crane and it falls.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls
Nope, the airbags won't cause you any trouble. You've got to meet certain criteria to set them off and you won't be doing that unless the key is in the ignition and you're installing the bumpers while dangling the jeep from a crane and it falls.
I didnn't think so but figured it's easier to ask rather than find out after. And just for clarification... I can change it while dangling from a crane as long as the key is not in the ignition

Thanks fellas
Old 03-19-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Junkie

That is correct, without the key in the ignition then you take away one of the conditions that the air bags are looking for to have them deploy. Enjoy the new bumpers
Old 03-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Former Vendor

Doing 40 inch Interco Super Swampers so went with the Genright bumpers there pretty sweet or the New SmittyBuilt XRC stuff is cool. Choose the Genrights because have not seen alot of them

remember from a Safety Stand point anytime you working on electrical or anything where you scared of an airbag situation you can always disconnect the neg Battery terminal this will always prevent check engine lights or air bag issues. any yes the JK do have a front Impact sensor!

Last edited by Del Rey Customs; 03-19-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: ? about replacing front bumper on 2008 JK