Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident - front axle shifted and turned

Old 01-27-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accident - front axle shifted and turned

I was hit on the front left tire. it shifted my front axle towards the passinger side. The bracket attaching the lower control arm to the axle housing on the driverside was mangled and the arm was bent. The repair shop bent the bracket back into place and replaced the control arm. A 4 wheel alignment was done. I went to pick it up today and it is still out of place. the axle (judging by the tires) is still shifted to the passingerside. The torshon bar links are also not the same distance from the springs. on one side i can get my hand between the link and the spring and on the passinger side i cant get a finger in there.

my jeep has a 4 inch skyjacker budget boost with a trackbar relocator on the front axle.

how can i tell if the axle is still out of place or if it is infact where it is supost to be and does a 4 wheel alignment tell you if the front and rear tires are in line.

thanks for consideration and any information you may have
Old 01-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you post a pic of what it looks like now?
Old 01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Check this one

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

If your brackets or mounts are bent, the shop and/or insurance company needs to do some more work. In addition to straightening or replacing you may want to get rid of the trackbar relo bracket and add an adjustable.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

If you go to projectjk.com and look under alignment, Wayoflife tells you how to measure to see if the axle is centered. Very easy to do. Sorry to hear about it. Good luck!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Can you post a pic of what it looks like now?
i'll post some pics tomorow
Old 01-27-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Check this one

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

If your brackets or mounts are bent, the shop and/or insurance company needs to do some more work. In addition to straightening or replacing you may want to get rid of the trackbar relo bracket and add an adjustable.
thanks for the link. by the process described in this link my front end is out of place. the guy at the repair shop said no to judge by the fenders because sometimes they are no the same on both sides

Quick Reply: Accident - front axle shifted and turned