Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACE Subby Bumper with Stinger

Old 06-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We don't charge any shipping on ACE products over $70 and more times than not we ship same day!

David
Old 06-30-2015, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Havok287
Good to know that it's stout, not many deer here where I am so I probably won't have to worry much about that haha. I noticed if you buy direct they charge nearly 100 dollars in shipping, northridge I believe ships for free on over 100 in order, probably will go with northridge and save myself some cash
I just ordered one from Northridge. Free shipping and great customer service
Old 06-30-2015, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great looking bumpers. I wish they made them without the light bar provisions.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CarpenterJK07
Great looking bumpers. I wish they made them without the light bar provisions.
They do, just look for the ace stubby that's not the pro series.

You can have it with light bar provisions, fog lamp provisions, no provisions or a mixture.

https://www.aceengineeringandfab.com...me.asp#page-46

Not sure if that link will work for you as im on my phone, but just go to aces website and look under just plain stubby bumpers
Old 09-12-2015, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Does everyone order the expensive light with it or can I get a cheaper one off amazon. They sell 21.5 inch light bars from different sellers.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by smackpappy
Does everyone order the expensive light with it or can I get a cheaper one off amazon. They sell 21.5 inch light bars from different sellers.
It is all personal preference when it comes to lights. The Rigid Industry's lights are considered some of the best because of how bright they are.

However, if you go with the non-pro series Ace bumper and decide to go with an over sized winch (think Warn Zeon or Powerplant) you need at least two of their spacer kits for it to work with Ace's bumper. I ran into this problem installing mine and Ace told me it was my fault for not calling to place my order so I was SOL until I made my own spacers

Poor customer service from Ace honestly. I won't be buying from them again

Last edited by bob987909; 09-12-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bob987909
Anybody running this bumper? I am looking at replacing my stock bumper with winch plate for the ACE bumper. I know that I need spacers for my Warn Zeon winch to fit which isn't a problem.

However, it looks like the weld points where the stinger attaches to the bumper look weaker than the reinforced stuff the competitors use.

Any pictures and 2 cents on the strength would be great.

Thanks!
I've ran their single row and double row stingers. Haven't had a complaint about either. I went with the Warn Zeon 10s, it fits pretty tight to the grill but I didn't have a problem with the install. The only thing I don't like it their winch plate but that's no big deal!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150913_074905.png
Views:	60
Size:	681.1 KB
ID:	624395  
Old 09-13-2015, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KurtieR
I've ran their single row and double row stingers. Haven't had a complaint about either. I went with the Warn Zeon 10s, it fits pretty tight to the grill but I didn't have a problem with the install. The only thing I don't like it their winch plate but that's no big deal!
If you got the pro series bumper then you won't have as many problems trying to fit the larger winches but the regular stubby bumper has fitment issues. It looks like you have the pro series in your pic
Old 09-15-2015, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bob987909

If you got the pro series bumper then you won't have as many problems trying to fit the larger winches but the regular stubby bumper has fitment issues. It looks like you have the pro series in your pic
You're 100% right, my bad

Quick Reply: ACE Subby Bumper with Stinger