Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

add-a-trunk

Old 12-26-2006, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default add-a-trunk

:confused: has anyone installed an add-a-trunk(mopar) to the 4door jk? it is listed on their website but there are no pictures!
Old 12-26-2006, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

I received an Add-a-Trunk as part of the deal when I ordered my 4-door Rubicon. I had to return it to the dealer as it did not fit at all. The right side panel interfered completely with the subwoofer enclosure. The trunk itself looks small (the top is quite low) and the side panels have weird semi-circular cut-outs in them that look like they are made for a different vehicle. If you have an X without the woofer, it may be okay but I would definitely check before you shell out any money, and certainly before you drill holes in the tub to attach it.

I'm going to wait until spring to see if DC fixes this. The option would certainly be useful with the soft top.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default add a trunk

thanks mr.k

Quick Reply: add-a-trunk