Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adj. Front Track Bar?

Old 05-28-2015, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adj. Front Track Bar?

I'm looking for some opinions on getting a new adjustable front track bar. I've been looking at the Teraflex HD but can't justify spending that much for it. Being able to adjust it while on the Jeep is nice, but I feel it's not something that would need to be done often. I've also been looking at the JKS as its almost $90 cheaper and is still stronger than stock. What are your guys opinions on the JKS or what other brand should I consider?
Old 05-28-2015, 06:56 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Synergy.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the jks and have compared it side by side with the tflex they seem equal to me other than the on the jeep adjustability
However it's not that hard to adjust it first then put the other bolt in
Jks is my vote especially for the price
Old 05-28-2015, 07:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I cheaped out and bought a rock krawler and wish I could go back in time and buy the teraflex track bar. it would so much nicer adjusting it. The RK joint jam nuts are a pain in the ass getting torqued down and keeping straight in the brackets.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the TF one and its held up well no complaints from me it's been in my jeep for almost four yearsish.

I am switching to the synergy one now because their sector shaft brace is only compatible with their TB and I believe ready lifts as well.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronin2120
I have the TF one and its held up well no complaints from me it's been in my jeep for almost four yearsish.

I am switching to the synergy one now because their sector shaft brace is only compatible with their TB and I believe ready lifts as well.
It's compatible with metalcloak also
Old 05-29-2015, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Black Jeep
I have the jks and have compared it side by side with the tflex they seem equal to me other than the on the jeep adjustability However it's not that hard to adjust it first then put the other bolt in Jks is my vote especially for the price
Thank you! I wanted some input from those with the JKS. I have no problem undoing a bolt to adjust if the need be. For the price I think I'll go with this one.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:14 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

JKS is a quality company and stuff is made in the U.S. They had some issues with the early track bars up front but have had several revisions and the last one I had was way more beef over a stocker.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
JKS is a quality company and stuff is made in the U.S. They had some issues with the early track bars up front but have had several revisions and the last one I had was way more beef over a stocker.
Glad to hear they got the problems sorted out! I've heard of them before but had no idea about the reputation of the company or products.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

You won't be disappointed with either, but the Teraflex bars are excellent.

Quick Reply: Adj. Front Track Bar?