Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed on new crossmember (i think thats what its called).

Old 07-26-2014, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed on new crossmember (i think thats what its called).

I managed to bend the crossmember that runs in front of and attaches to the transfer case skid plate. It got bent to the point where it was touching the exhaust and my front drive shaft rubbed just enough while wheeling to rip the boot that covers where the shaft slides back and forth. I'm looking for something that is beefier that I can put in its place. I'm not sure what to order. I see oil pan and transmission skids, transfer case skids, and gas tank skids but will any of these things cover what I need to have covered? If not, what do I need to order?
Old 07-26-2014, 10:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Are these what you want?

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/mobile/....aspx?id=37863

http://m.quadratec.com/products/prod...pid=16365+1007
Old 07-26-2014, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes that is what I need. I should have mentioned I have a 2014. Does Poison Spyder make one for the 3.6?
Old 07-26-2014, 11:03 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
Yes that is what I need. I should have mentioned I have a 2014. Does Poison Spyder make one for the 3.6?
http://shop.poisonspyder.com/mobile/....aspx?id=38009

Bear in mind the Poison Spyder product is not painted.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. Skid plates don't bother me if they come not painted. I can paint it and not worry too much about looks.

Let's say I wanted actual skid plates to cover that whole area. Does anyone make that? I can see some advantages to having that area more closed up instead of a crossmember leaving gaps.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. Skid plates don't bother me if they come not painted. I can paint it and not worry too much about looks.

Let's say I wanted actual skid plates to cover that whole area. Does anyone make that? I can see some advantages to having that area more closed up instead of a crossmember leaving gaps.
Yes people do make skid plates for our Jeep. Do a google search and find out which ones you like most
Old 07-26-2014, 11:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Yes, there are a number of skid plate offerings. If painting doesn't bother you, then you might check out the Poison Spyder line if that's the crossmember you end up with--not every manufacturer's line works with every other manufacturer's line of products. But everything should work within their own line of products and OEM.

Quick Reply: Advice needed on new crossmember (i think thats what its called).