Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEV Brackets question before install

Old 12-18-2016, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Brackets question before install

I know, another AEV thread. I've searched and came across a ton on information but can seem to find this one answer. If there is a link, please toss it my direction!

Anyways, purchased the AEV drop down brackets for a better ride! Currently running a TF 2.5 kit (Springs and all).

Before install, the instructions read that there needs to be at least 5 1/2 of space between the chasis rail and coil perch. I sit at 5 inches and I believe it's because of the weight (Hanson front bumper)

Since the bracket has holes for 2.5/3.5/4.5 lifts, am I fine with just tossing into the 2.5 inch marked hole? I think I'm overthinking this and it's only .5 inch but didn't want to screw anything up since it falls under the 5 1/2 space.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Btw, just looking for better ride quality (steering/braking). I understand the ground clearance issue etc.

I'm hoping these brackets also help by putting the front driveshaft into a better aliegnment.

Last edited by ATFPat; 12-18-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You will benefit from the improved steering and braking with these brackets, I recently installed a set and I've got exactly 5.5" of space there. I cannot say for sure but with under 5.5" of space it may over compensate the angle on the upper link.

You can see a before and after on each side here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161124_092211.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	663040
Old 12-18-2016, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

^ just got home and realized I measured wrong. I re-measured from the inside front area of where the spring sits and came up with 5.5! I think I measure from the rear spot where the spring sits like an idiot, ugh. Anyways thanks! Will be installing!
Old 12-18-2016, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

I ran the AEV correction brackets for about a year on my '11 JK. I had a 2.5" lift. You can play with the settings to get your ideal caster. I used the middle hole mostly. By the way your driveshaft angle will not be in better alignment. The more caster you add, the more you pull the top control arms back towards the rear, the more your pinion will move down which will increase your pinion angle. I eventually went to fully adjustable control arms and took the brackets off.

Quick Reply: AEV Brackets question before install