Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aev bumper different tire carrier.

Old 07-23-2015, 12:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aev bumper different tire carrier.

So I have a AEV bumper, but I do not have the AEV tire carrier. Just wondering if i could use any tire carrier with the bumper or if I could only use an AEV tire carrier.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:27 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dc_fromthe_tc
So I have a AEV bumper, but I do not have the AEV tire carrier. Just wondering if i could use any tire carrier with the bumper or if I could only use an AEV tire carrier.
AEV is definitely one of the strongest options out there but you can use other carriers like Teraflex, GenRight, EVO (with their corners), or even the new Poison Spyder Body Mounted carrier.

-Tim
Old 07-24-2015, 12:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
AEV is definitely one of the strongest options out there but you can use other carriers like Teraflex, GenRight, EVO (with their corners), or even the new Poison Spyder Body Mounted carrier. -Tim

Hey thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dc_fromthe_tc
Hey thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
My pleasure! Any questions shoot me a pm or give me a call at 866-601-5340
-Tim
Old 07-24-2015, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
AEV is definitely one of the strongest options out there but you can use other carriers like Teraflex, GenRight, EVO (with their corners), or even the new Poison Spyder Body Mounted carrier. -Tim
don't want to hijack, but similar question. Currently have warn elite rear bumper without the tire carrier, and really don't want the elite carrier, as it mounts off center. I added the teraflex hinge, but still would rather take the load to the bumper. Any options? Seems like one could get another swing out carrier, but not sure (obviously might take some welding to lock it in place, but surely someone makes one thaT has the same diameter spindle)? Appreciate any thoughts!

Quick Reply: Aev bumper different tire carrier.