Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEV front bumper - need help with the right Winch

Old 11-26-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV front bumper - need help with the right Winch

Hoping I can get some help regarding the right Winch for my AEV bumper that will be going on the '12 JKU. I have looked and read that the AEV bumper was designed for the Warn 9.5ti or 9.5cti. However, considering my budget and my overall needs I think there is something out there that will be compatible and more affordable. I prefer a synthetic rope winch and the new Warn winches do offer something in the sub 1K range but not sure if they will work.

Anyone with a AEV bumper have some suggestions (Model/Price Paid would help with pictures)?

Thanks guys!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Jedi Master

Have you looked at these? Huge Sale on Engo Winches - Now With Synthetic Line!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy has a M8000 Warn in his. I helped him mount the solonoid box to the bumper. We just had to modify the bracket that came with a little. nothing too bad though. This was back when those were winches were just over $500.

I'm curious if the new VR Series Warns will fit.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm planning on mounting a Recon winch into my AEV tomorrow, i test fit the bolts and they lined up on the winch plate as well as close tolerances but it appears to fit on the plate correctly, now ill have to see if it fits in the bumper correctly.

Quick Reply: AEV front bumper - need help with the right Winch