Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aev Rear Bumper anything other than Gobi that doesn't require drilling???

Old 12-13-2016, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aev Rear Bumper anything other than Gobi that doesn't require drilling???

Hey.

Have been on a man hunt to see if there is anything other than the gobi roof rack that works with Aev rear bumper. To serve the purpose of holding a tent and you do not have to drill into your jeep. Cant seem to find anything and getting a bit tired of looking. If anyone has anything would be great thanks.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be hard to find something meant to bear weight, especially multiple persons, without any requirements to reinforce a mounting point.

Not too sure I'd trust 3m tape on a roof rack, sliders, or a roll bar.

If resale points is your reason for not drilling holes, look at it from a different light. You're looking to add thousands in functional lifelong upgrades. Drilling holes is going to get you there.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560
Might be hard to find something meant to bear weight, especially multiple persons, without any requirements to reinforce a mounting point.

Not too sure I'd trust 3m tape on a roof rack, sliders, or a roll bar.

If resale points is your reason for not drilling holes, look at it from a different light. You're looking to add thousands in functional lifelong upgrades. Drilling holes is going to get you there.

Gobi has a specific mounting bracket that works with Aev bumper that allows you to still bolt it to the frame. Was just wondering if any other company had the same thing. Im not 100% against drilling holes i would just rather not go that route if i didn't have to. Your drilling holes into the body could cause rust. Could also be less flimsy then mounting to the frame what if you have 300lbs up there off roading that thin metal isn't going to last forever. Thanks for your input though.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think garvin Wilderness rack, but I'm not sure.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

Default Rack to Bumper

One would think that you would need more than a bumper or chasis mounting point for a rack to be used with a rooftop tent, Most racks that give you the option of body mounts generally give you the steel hardware that goes behind the body tub to bolt it to. Hence, a much more stronger and durable install.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Pats fan
I think garvin Wilderness rack, but I'm not sure.
The wilderness rack may work I got in touch with Garvin they said the rack might interfere with the bumper bracket. They want to see some pictures we will find out shortly.

Originally Posted by saharaharry
One would think that you would need more than a bumper or chasis mounting point for a rack to be used with a rooftop tent, Most racks that give you the option of body mounts generally give you the steel hardware that goes behind the body tub to bolt it to. Hence, a much more stronger and durable install.
Not exactly the gobi rack holds 300 lbs while driving. But stationary is 500 might even be 800 for the gobi not sure stationary weight which either is enough to hold a tent on top. Most racks give you the weight it can carry while in motion and the stationary weight would be significantly larger.

Quick Reply: Aev Rear Bumper anything other than Gobi that doesn't require drilling???