Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Age Old Which lift should i get question?

Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude dont jump into the hype of people bashing rough country.

Ya their first set of springs had a sag. But the new style coils and set ups are just as good as other coils. I know a lot of people including myself who love their RC lift and have had no complaints. Including myself!

I love my lift. Wheel the hell out of it and it rides awesome. Good price, and if anything goes wrong RC will stand behind their product 100% and give you great costumer service!!

Im not saying RC is better than others.. Im just saying that with their new coils you have nothing to worry about. And if your on a budget its really the best option out there. But if you got the money, AEV RK and Taraflex are all great products!

Heres a video I made with the RC lift the day after I got the lift. I am not disconnected so you wont see much flex but it handled great for what I do!!

Jeep JK Off Road "China Wall Trail CO" - YouTube
Old 05-08-2012, 01:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A7x2706

so you're just running new springs and adapters? no new bump stops or brake line extentions or anything of that nature?
Yea I used some scrap aluminum blocks for bump stops and some strips of 10 ga metal with two holes drilled in them to move my brake lines down.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bizzump......
Old 05-12-2012, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Start with a simple budget boost from Rock Krawler and you can slowly build it over time from there...2.5" lift, some chopped fenders, and you could run 37"s of you really wanted!

Or go for a TF budget boost which you will find a bajillion people on here run and be done with it for only a few hundred bucks.

Considering you just had a baby...I'd say go with a budget boost and some 33s and put the rest of the cash in to a good growth mutual fund so you can send the little guy/gal to college in 18 years!!
Then after the kid graduates college make em buy you the rig of your dreams ;-)

Quick Reply: The Age Old Which lift should i get question?