Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Altitude pulley help 2007 jeep jk supercharged

Old 09-23-2015, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altitude pulley help 2007 jeep jk supercharged

Hey guys, my buddy that helped well installed my supercharger is not in town and can't help with this. I got the altitude pulley for the ripp supercharger. Got a 2007 Jeep Wrangler jk. Can someone help me out on guiding me how to remove the old pulley and put the new one on? Thanks!
Old 09-24-2015, 03:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the attitude pulley does give you some nice added boost... !! i put mine on a year ago or so.. from what i remember you have to loosen a few brackets, take the tension off the belt and remove it . i used a impact gun to remove the pulley belt, otherwise it is hard to keep it from spinning.. might be a video of how to do it.. not hard once you see how it is done. ill check around
Old 09-29-2015, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blockrockin
the attitude pulley does give you some nice added boost... !! i put mine on a year ago or so.. from what i remember you have to loosen a few brackets, take the tension off the belt and remove it . i used a impact gun to remove the pulley belt, otherwise it is hard to keep it from spinning.. might be a video of how to do it.. not hard once you see how it is done. ill check around

Thanks help me with the install, I'm making 12 psi now lol
Old 09-29-2015, 09:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow very nice ! glad you got it figured out
Old 09-30-2015, 03:36 AM
DaK
JK Enthusiast

Have seen close to 11 with my altitude pulley and I am at 2600'.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default 11 or 12 psi

Originally Posted by DaK
Have seen close to 11 with my altitude pulley and I am at 2600'.
Is that even safe in a 3.8? It is quite a bit of boost for a N/A designed engine.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:15 AM
DaK
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SAJK
Is that even safe in a 3.8? It is quite a bit of boost for a N/A designed engine.
Not if you are at that level of boost all the time. For the most part the jeep never sees more than 5lbs of boost and even then its for a second or two. S/C was purchased to improve fuel economy and assist in getting us up some of these long steep grades we have to traverse just get to our wheeling spots.

Best mpg I've seen to date has been 17. That's rolling 37x13.5x17's Toyo's with 5.38's on a fully armored and loaded 2dr.

Trending Topics

Old 10-01-2015, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DaK
Not if you are at that level of boost all the time. For the most part the jeep never sees more than 5lbs of boost and even then its for a second or two. S/C was purchased to improve fuel economy and assist in getting us up some of these long steep grades we have to traverse just get to our wheeling spots. Best mpg I've seen to date has been 17. That's rolling 37x13.5x17's Toyo's with 5.38's on a fully armored and loaded 2dr.

Can't wait to regear dang. What year jeep? Did u notice a big difference regearing with the supercharger? Quaker acceleration and such or?
Old 10-02-2015, 03:18 AM
DaK
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
Can't wait to regear dang. What year jeep? Did u notice a big difference regearing with the supercharger? Quaker acceleration and such or?

Regear was done first so can't speak to it in that sequence but of course we saw a big jump in performance with the addition of the S/C. Even my wife noticed and that right there speaks VOLUMES.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DaK
Regear was done first so can't speak to it in that sequence but of course we saw a big jump in performance with the addition of the S/C. Even my wife noticed and that right there speaks VOLUMES.

Regear done before or after the 37s? If it was done after 37s did h notice a large difference between stock gears large tires and than new gears large tires. I know there's a difference but was it large?

Quick Reply: Altitude pulley help 2007 jeep jk supercharged