Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aluminum tube fenders

Old 11-16-2015, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aluminum tube fenders

Ok, So I am of the fence for aluminum tube fenders and have narrowed it to Poison Spyder and Genright. I will pull the trigger in the next week. What I am asking is overall ease of installing and strength, I know that being aluminum they can not take the same hit as steel. I also know that I will be dealing with Nutserts. I am being told that the PSC have inner braces but not sure about the Genrights. Anybody with install experience please chime in as I have installed neither. Thanks.......
Old 11-16-2015, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I too was on the fence on what brand to choose when I friend told me to look at Aries automotive. They have aluminum tube fenders for practically half the price of gen right and psc. Install was straight forward, took 3 hours with 1 person helping, they all install using nutserts. If you're interested jc Whitney had the best price and they always have coupon codes. I believe I paid $550 all 4 aluminum tube fenders powder coated shipped.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Riznoy
I too was on the fence on what brand to choose when I friend told me to look at Aries automotive. They have aluminum tube fenders for practically half the price of gen right and psc. Install was straight forward, took 3 hours with 1 person helping, they all install using nutserts. If you're interested jc Whitney had the best price and they always have coupon codes. I believe I paid $550 all 4 aluminum tube fenders powder coated shipped.
I did not realize that they made aluminum fenders but I wonder if they do them in raw aluminum. Thanks...
Old 11-16-2015, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

How was the install on the Aries as I see they make the in raw aluminum.....
Old 11-18-2015, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SHOELESS
How was the install on the Aries as I see they make the in raw aluminum.....
It was pretty easy, took 3 hours with a friend helping. They have a video on you tube that walks you through it. I chose to skip drilling the extra hole for the rear (only drilling u need) I figured it's being held in by 8 other bolts, it's not going anywhere. I also chose not to use the crush washers and just use locktite, seems like the bolts were too short with the crush washer.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any gaps ?
Old 11-18-2015, 06:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think all the rears will have braces. Not running PSC or Gen-Rite but my Aluminum Nemesis fenders have braces front and rear. As far as strength of steel...not sure about that here's mine after deflecting some boulders. I think the tube design will probably be better but who knows.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

I have psc in steel. I'm sure the install is the same . Two braces for the rear flares. The nutserts were not that bad using the tool they provided. The front brace is very easy. The rear isn't bad. Just takes some time. U have to pull the tail lights for 2 bolts and pull the plastic around the roll bar for 2 more. You can see their install instruction on their website with pics.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

http://poisonspyder.com/assets/insta...AREREAR-JK.pdf

And btw. I would not call the install easy. Lol. It's not really hard either. Just time consuming. Put them on. Mark spots to drill. Take them off. Dril. Put them back on. Mark more spots. Take them off. Drill. Put them back on. But no doubt. They are strong.

Last edited by Roughneck; 11-18-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Aries fenders were the absolute worst thing I ever ordered in my life. I too was sucked in by the price and figured they looked like Genrights so why not. These things are the flimsiest pieces of garbage ever produced. I opened the box, held them for like 1 minute, boxed them back up and returned them. Save the money and just cut your stock fenders. Or if you really want aluminum don't forget to take a look at Nemesis. That's the route I went and can honestly say if you melted down all 4 Aries fenders you would probably have enough material to make 1 Nemesis flare.

Quick Reply: aluminum tube fenders