Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMAZON Front Bumper by GSI

Old 12-19-2016, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
I bought an e-autogrilles bumper. Basically the eBay version and love mine.
Cutman, I know that the E-autogrilles bumpers are basicaly the same quality as the GSI bumpers. They look great and the price is fantastic and thus why I'm also wanting that GSI front bumper I mentioned and linked in the very first post. Here is my question...Have you used it to winch yourself out or anyone else? If so, did you see or notice and tweaking or binding of the bumper during the winching recovery process? That right there is my ultimate question about these GSI (Amazon sold) bumpers. Will they bend, tweak or disform on me when I need them most. Let me know if you've used that E-autogrilles bumper of yours in a real world recovery scenario. Thanx!
Old 12-19-2016, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=jakerjku;4266818]
Originally Posted by Canvas
For a couple hundred more you could go with a Crawler Conceptz or EVO, or Rock Hard front bumpers which are all made in America. Again just my humble opinion.

R/
Will[/Q None of the manufacturers that you mentioned make a front bumper that compares with the design and look of the "Amazon" bumper. I completely agree with your statement but I'm having trouble finding a bumper thats made in the USA that matches the function, form, and style that I'm looking for. I found this bumpers on Amazon and their style and function immediately caught my eye. If I could find a USA made version of these bumpers, I'd buy it.

http://tinyurl.com/j3z62g7

http://tinyurl.com/j3jqsqe

Basically looking for- midwidth/crawler style, recessed winch, bully bar, and fog light holes.
JAKERJKU,
I'm in agreement with you on this. The look is precisely a unique style that I just havent seen in other brands. I like that GSI and thus why I started this post to see if anyone has these bumpers from GSI. No doubt they look fantastic on the Jeep there is no question about that. The question still however remains...will the 5/32nd's steel that these bumpers are made out of hold up under a recovery winching process and not bend themselves out of shape? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on that GSI bumper I linked in the first post. Would had however been nice to hear from someone who actually owns one and has used it to winch someone out with it.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CzechMate
Shutterbug, thanx for your input. Since posting this I have received a reply from the bumper manufacturer (GSI) via Amazon saying that the bumpers are indeed manufacturerd in China, that they have a 1 year warranty (don't however know what that warranty includes or doesn't include) and that there is a 30 day return policy via Amazon. You can tell that the email reply to me from GSI was certainly written in poor English and does confirm that this isn't a US based distributor or manufacturer. Now the decision remaims...do I fork up the $399 and try my luck with this bumper or do I move on? Question...Is the 5/32 steel that this bumper is made out of not strong enough? Is this not a standard thickness in many other bumpers? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Shop around, there are numerous quality american made bumpers on that price range. You might however have to settle for something close to / but not exactly what you want.
Support american business, dont by counterfeits.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=Growlz;4266821]
Originally Posted by jakerjku

LOD's Signature Mid is very similar to the linked bumpers.
Thanks for the suggestion, although its a little wider and heavier than I would like, its a very nice option. I'll keep it in mind.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CzechMate
Cutman, I know that the E-autogrilles bumpers are basicaly the same quality as the GSI bumpers. They look great and the price is fantastic and thus why I'm also wanting that GSI front bumper I mentioned and linked in the very first post. Here is my question...Have you used it to winch yourself out or anyone else? If so, did you see or notice and tweaking or binding of the bumper during the winching recovery process? That right there is my ultimate question about these GSI (Amazon sold) bumpers. Will they bend, tweak or disform on me when I need them most. Let me know if you've used that E-autogrilles bumper of yours in a real world recovery scenario. Thanx!
Winch is next. Hopefully.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

I was actually thinking of buying one also. After hearing about the flake/rust I'm hesitant. You think spaying the whole thing with rustoleum bed liner before even putting it on would help?
Old 01-02-2017, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For what it's worth:
- a quality prep and powdercoat job on a bumper like that would be around $200. A 400$ bumper may only come painted.
- a steel bumper that only weighs 56Lbs likely doesn't have enough support for a winch. I.e. The winch mount alone on my AEV bumper was over 40lbs

The price is attractive, I understand, but it may also be all show and no function...
Old 01-02-2017, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Good call. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2017, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure if you decided on a Crawler Conceptz bumper or not, but I can save you $50 off of it if you do! I won a $250 gift certificate from Marcus at River City Offroad. It's good for any Crawler Conceptz product. Marcus can offer free shipping though, where CC doesn't. Just asking $200 for it. Let me know if you're interested!
Old 01-12-2017, 04:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at the LOD ArmorLite mid. Similar design, smoother lines and lighter weight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4108153176.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	859.6 KB
ID:	664359

Quick Reply: AMAZON Front Bumper by GSI