Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amerihood and TOL innovations

Old 05-27-2016, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Amerihood and TOL innovations

2 companys making what looks to be the same hood. One out of fiberglass the other of steel. One 600.00 or so and the other 950.00. Any one have good information on the Amerihood steel heat expulsion hood? How strong are fiberglass hoods VS steel?
Old 05-28-2016, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
2 companys making what looks to be the same hood. One out of fiberglass the other of steel. One 600.00 or so and the other 950.00. Any one have good information on the Amerihood steel heat expulsion hood? How strong are fiberglass hoods VS steel?
Total Innovations is a vendor member. I've seen photo's after an accident where the Jeep rolled over and the hood held up very well. They are the originators of the design as far as I know.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On TOTL's site they show a person standing on the hood, so I would say it is pretty strong.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by thegoat
On TOTL's site they show a person standing on the hood, so I would say it is pretty strong.
yeah. i figure they made it and the steel version is a chinese clone. gonna wait a bit and see if they do some kind of sale / discount then probably buy one from them.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah. i figure they made it and the steel version is a chinese clone. gonna wait a bit and see if they do some kind of sale / discount then probably buy one from them.
I think there is a TOTL hood for sale in the for sale section of the forum.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I think there is a TOTL hood for sale in the for sale section of the forum.
found it but no shipping : p
Old 06-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amerihood as well as several other brands are all selling the same Chinese knock off of our design. Their design is similar but inferior none the less. Their hood is heavier and doesn’t have our Hydra-Channels so any water entering through the top vents will fall directly unto the motor.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but I can assure you that this couldn’t be further from the truth. I cant put into words how I feel when an American company’s hard work is completely undermined by a cheap Chinese copy but at the end of the day it is your hard earned money to spend. All I can do is continue to provide the highest level of quality, functionality and customer service that I can and hope that that is enough to outweigh any cost savings one gets with going the Chinese route.

Originally Posted by scubatech
Total Innovations is a vendor member. I've seen photo's after an accident where the Jeep rolled over and the hood held up very well. They are the originators of the design as far as I know.
As scubatech and thegoat mentioned, our fiberglass hoods are extremely resilient. Here are pictures of what they were referring to for reference. I would love to see someone to do the same to one of those Chinese knocks offs.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:00 AM
Former Vendor

We are doing free shipping for Father's Day right now.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations
We are doing free shipping for Father's Day right now.
Just bought one from ya. : )
Old 06-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Former Vendor

Just bought one from ya. : )
You should have received tracking information earlier.

Thank you for your business

Quick Reply: Amerihood and TOL innovations