Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another "Which Lift" Thread - 2.5" Daily Driver

Old 12-19-2014, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Another "Which Lift" Thread - 2.5" Daily Driver

I'm in the process of ordering a 2015 JK Rubi Unlimited to replace my totaled JK you see in my sig. I'm looking to outfit it to run 35" Goodyear DuraTracs like I had on my old JK as I found them to be the best balance between an All Terrain/Winter/Daily Driver tires.

I'd like to keep the ride as street comfortable as possible as I off-road it maybe 5 times a year. The most aggressive I really get is doing the BLM trails up near Ouray, CO like Engineers Pass and such. Mostly rock crawling, not boulder crawling.

I had good luck with the 2.5" lift with shock extenders from Teraflex but was wondering if there were any better options people recommend. I'm not looking to go all Long Arm or anything with the kit. No welding please. Just a good kit for daily driving that will stand up to moderate trail use a couple times a year.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:45 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We've had great luck offering the TeraFlex 2.5" Coil lift paired with the Ranch RS9000XL Adjustable Shocks. Awesome riding setup, and is great off-road as well! Feel free to PM me for form member pricing on this kit. Also, Rock Krawler kits are always a great choice.

TeraFlex 2.5" & RS9000XL Kit | Offroad Elements

Feel free to PM or call me any time!
Old 12-19-2014, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to be a dick but your title clearly states what is posted on this forum every other day. Use the search option. There are already 2,000 threads asking the same question.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what its worth the Old Man Emu soft rate springs make the JK ride like a Cadillac.

Lift height is still 2.5".
Old 12-19-2014, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Offroad_Elements
We've had great luck offering the TeraFlex 2.5" Coil lift paired with the Ranch RS9000XL Adjustable Shocks. Awesome riding setup, and is great off-road as well! Feel free to PM me for form member pricing on this kit. Also, Rock Krawler kits are always a great choice. TeraFlex 2.5" & RS9000XL Kit | Offroad Elements Feel free to PM or call me any time!
Hello there...I'm interested in a 2.5 TF lift for my 2013 4dr jku I'm just not too sure which shocks to go with...ranchos, bilsteins or fox 2.0
Would these shocks be valved for this specific lift or no? Any advice would be appreciated, thx

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 12-19-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

JKS ACOS system, extended sway bar links, 2" shock extentions, front adjustable track bar, and a 2" raised rear axle track bar bracket.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:38 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mohromin1
Hello there...I'm interested in a 2.5 TF lift for my 2013 4dr jku I'm just not too sure which shocks to go with...ranchos, bilsteins or fox 2.0
Would these shocks be valved for this specific lift or no? Any advice would be appreciated, thx

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
If you order the Fox #1980200 that TeraFlex sells, those have been tuned for our kits specifically.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
JKS ACOS system, extended sway bar links, 2" shock extentions, front adjustable track bar, and a 2" raised rear axle track bar bracket.
That JKS system looks awesome
Old 12-20-2014, 02:52 AM
JK Super Freak

The single most important question is, what is your budget? There are a lot of options out there. For me personally i went with the aev 2.5" lift. I drive 40+ miles a day including on the highway. The handling is incredible. I added their drop brackets and the fox ats stabilizer and WOW, it drives so incredibly well you would never know it's lifted!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My budget is $1000 or less.

Quick Reply: Another "Which Lift" Thread - 2.5" Daily Driver