Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti rock bars--

Old 03-19-2017, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anti rock bars--

I'm curious about anti rock bars from places like Currie and Teraflex

Are they just an alternative to quick disconnects (which i already have). Or do they actually provide something more. Do they help with street ride? Or just off road only?

I've read some folks say the jeep has more sway at highway speeds with anti rock bars, especially the rears?

Teraflex makes a dual rate sway bar system, but it's almost twice as much as a front..

Thanks
Steve
Old 03-19-2017, 09:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Keeping the axle connected to the sway bars can give you better traction off road if they are properly sized. The aftermarket brands are designed to flex more thats the reason you don't need to disconnect. Street ride will see more body roll because the bars twist easier then the stock. Some arms will have multiple mounting points for the links which will allow you to "tune" the spring rate a bit on the bar. The farther out you mount the links the more flex you are going to get out of the say bar.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 03-19-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2017, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Teraflex has one that disconnects with a twist of a knob. It has a street setting then you turn a knob and you are free for offroad. It's pricy so you have to decide do you want to stay off the ground or do you mind being a bit dirty. I could only see doing it myself when I'm too old to do it manually.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:44 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You can also buy aftermarket dual bars that release with the push of a button.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless your Jeep is off road centric, I'd steer clear of a performance sway bar for a street driven rig, the one possible exception is with a dialed coil over set up (which these Jeeps don't really need in the first place). Just get a set of disconnects on the factory bar, you'll be better off. The Teraflex bar does have some good reviews, although I don't have any person experience so I can't really say too much about it on a daily driver.

It's true that when properly dialed performance sway bar set up can totally rock off road, in my opinion the sacrifice you make on the street side isn't really worth it for a daily driver. While it's not like driving completely disconnected, it definitely does give you boatish handling on the street. It doesn't get you that much on the rocks with a conventional short arm system anyway. Where it really starts to shine is on long travel, more extreme set ups, where the additional stability makes a big difference. If you want a little better stability while disconnected, invest in some good gas shocks.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went Antirock front and back. One of my best mods to day. It's SO stable in off camber situations and that floating felling is gone. Better traction, no body floating or leaning.

The rear system is also nice in that it routes your hard brake lines inside the frame.

On road is not horrible. Don't let that spook you out of buying a set. Love my Antirocks... would never change them.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Default what brand?

did you go with the Currie Anti-Rock?
Old 03-21-2017, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevedolce
did you go with the Currie Anti-Rock?
Yes Curries are anti rock
Old 03-21-2017, 06:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Looking at their website they have combos of steel and aluminum arms and frames..what did you go with?

Quick Reply: Anti rock bars--