Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti rock bars--

Old 03-21-2017, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevedolce
Looking at their website they have combos of steel and aluminum arms and frames..what did you go with?
steel... alum looks nice and will save a few lbs
Old 03-21-2017, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

I recently installed the Currie Antirock front way bar system. So far I'm really liking them. I've already put a decent amount of highway miles and some offroad and twisty road miles on them and the increased body roll is minimum in my case.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super happy with my Currie AR.

As stated a bit more roll on road but it's livable. It's a Jeep, not a sports car and drive it as such.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah-it's a jeep, not a Porsche. Aside from the look, is there a performance difference between the alumiminum and steel?
Old 03-25-2017, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Currie also, both front and rear. It is flat towed behind my motorhome and performs great as well as off road. On road it does "roll" a little but its smooth, subtle and predicable. I'll save the cone pattern for the Chevelle.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

I have front and rear Currie Anti Rocks on my JK and as others have said I am super happy with the upgrade. As others have stated a little more body roll with the daily driving but it is a Jeep and absolutely nothing to many anyways that is unbearable.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by stevedolce
Yeah-it's a jeep, not a Porsche. Aside from the look, is there a performance difference between the alumiminum and steel?
Other than weight difference, I don't think so. I have heard that the aluminum arms may need to be re-tightened a few times in the beginning (at a few hundred miles or so).
Old 03-27-2017, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Anti Rock (aluminum version) Front and rear, and like others have said, it performs awesome off-road. However on road it feels like you're driving an old Lincoln town car, floats like a cloud, but is predictable, and makes you feel like your on a calm boat ride at times. All and all, they are very liveable, and are a beautiful product.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2104.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	669206
Old 03-29-2017, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Love the Currie Anti-Rock in steel. I noticed most replies were from JKU owners. 2 door here with short-arm. I wanted a simple transition from on-road to off-road, beating on a disconnect to re-connect is not something a 60's female should be doing.
I have found a light touch on the wheel on the freeway is the easiest. I love the ride and its very stable on mountain roads when paired with the 3ply side wall BFGs.
This is my 3rd Jeep (CJ, TJ, MAX) so I know about roll, wander and rough ride.

Quick Reply: Anti rock bars--