Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AntiRock Sway Bar

Old 05-18-2016, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running front anti rock and nothing in the rear. Drives just fine.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sa29560
This is good to hear. I've always wanted a front one but haven't seen too much feedback. My jk is not a dd but I use it for long trips, hunting, vacation, etc. What's your setup suspension and tire wise? I've gone through a few different disconnect brands and it's kind of ridiculous. How have the joints and ends held up with the miles?
I'm running 37's with RK front and rear 3 link and their coil overs. I've driven to Moab and back and as I already stated its my DD, I personally look forward to driving my Jeep.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

I've run no swaybar connected on a dd. It's really not as bad as the Internet says it is. I wouldn't hesitate with an anti rock.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

Seems like a love or hate deal. I mean theres
Other variables like coils, shocks, take a jeep with firm coils and or shocks. I can see where the AR can loosen things up.
I run the JKS flex links up front. One link has a spring which drops the torsion rate of the SB, like a AR. It def feels more forgiving driving around town, not as jarring.
Now if your coils are plush running Rancho 9000's (on 1), the sway would be unbearable with a AR.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ronin2120
I'm running 37's with RK front and rear 3 link and their coil overs. I've driven to Moab and back and as I already stated its my DD, I personally look forward to driving my Jeep.
People say a rear AR is very important with a 3 link.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run front and rear AR. You will notice stability up front on off camber situations as opposed to disconnected. Never limited flex just added stability. Turning off camber gets skitchy in a hurry helping with that is your rear end not staying planted. This is were I think the anti rock shines it really added flexibility in the rear end that just wasn't there.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I added the AR in the rear first as my stock sway bar was limiting flex, for those running big axles and 40s it seems the stock rear doesn't limit flex as the extra weight keeps the wheels planted but for people like me on stock axles and 35s it definitely didn't flex all the way. Anyway so I added the rear and ran disconnects (teraflex) on the front and the rear worked great but I find disconnecting a real pain (got to the point that I was disconnecting and reconnecting at home because it was such a **** around doing it on the trail when the ground was uneven) and I don't like the fact that when disconnected you lose all stability in the front. Disconnects are great to get the flex at minimal cost but it gets sketchy if you want to run fast in between technical sections of the track. So I added the front and admit that as stated of course it is a little less stable on the road but in no way is it un safe or hard to drive or handle corners and I love that it feels way more stable on the track and doesn't limit flex and I don't have to disconnect.
In summary if you got the coin I highly recommend them front and rear.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:10 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We run them front and rear on several of our rigs, they work great on and off road.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still curious as to how these links and rod ends hold up over time.

In my experience with my jeep and also the machinery I work with daily, those types of rod ends are noisy, seize up, develop slop and eventually fail even in mechanical use. The sad thing is I see larger ones fail, with a repetitive duty cycle of opening and closing large clamps pneumatically.

Everyone says it flexes great, which is what its main intention is. But if it is still prone to rod end failure has anyone upgraded to other brands or styles?

I understand if no one wants to say their 500 dollar sway bar makes noise, but my initial statement was under the guise that the way these are built subjects them to the same issues as a pair of 60 dollar disconnects. Over time driving on the road this would have adverse effects. Which all of you can attest to or deny that are running them.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine don't make any noise. If / when the rod ends fail I'll replace them like anything else that I have so far. Quick disconnects also fail so either way you replacing those links when they fail.

Quick Reply: AntiRock Sway Bar