Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AntiRock Sway Bar

Old 05-18-2016, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AntiRock Sway Bar

Anyone running the Currie Enterprises "Antirock" swaybar? What are your thoughts on it? I am looking at running their front and rear and not sure how practical that would be for a daily driver.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fur a dd no way I'd run it, but that's just me.

The stock rear is just right.

Some good discos up front and that's it.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sa29560

That is what I am running now. I'm running stock sway bars with Rubicon Express disconnects. No issues with it, just looking to not have to deal with disconnects. Mine are a PAIN to get on and off. May just need to look into some different disconnects.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I've been running AR front and rear on my daily driver for a couple of years no issues with it.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:55 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ronin2120
I've been running AR front and rear on my daily driver for a couple of years no issues with it.
This is good to hear.

I've always wanted a front one but haven't seen too much feedback.

My jk is not a dd but I use it for long trips, hunting, vacation, etc.
What's your setup suspension and tire wise?

I've gone through a few different disconnect brands and it's kind of ridiculous. How have the joints and ends held up with the miles?
Old 05-18-2016, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I run one in the front. Stock sway bar in the rear as its soft enough to not worry about. I certainly can't tell the difference.. 13k miles now. I DD mine. No issues. How fast can anyone take a turn In any jeep anyhow... And some say it's the same as running no sway bar, I've done both and it's not even close. Certainly doesn't seem to limit flex either. Other than a heavy price, no other complaints at all
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1765957000.jpg
Views:	844
Size:	574.3 KB
ID:	647477   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-439687480.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	582.0 KB
ID:	647478  
Old 05-18-2016, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sa29560

What is your qualifier for this statement? Personal experience? You have or had one and the ride was seriously degraded? You had it and the assembly failed on you?

Or is it a totally off the cuff, inexperienced and useless opinion that has zero first hand factual or historic data to provide validation?

I'm asking because I know a couple local guys that have them, love them, and have had them for years. They come highly recommended by these guys, and I plan to add them in the future. Your the first person I've heard say to the contrary.

So if you have anything of value to add that provides insight as to why you feel "no way for a DD", I personally would love to hear it. Until then, I'll be cautious of your response and keep it in consideration.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

^^^ This.

I'm running an antirock front and stock sway bar in the rear. It takes some getting used to, as you should avoid high speed slaloms... But then, you should have avoided that when it was stock too. Has slightly more body roll but again, you just get used to it. Provides more stability in off camber situations when wheeling. And I love not ever having to disconnect. I DD my jeep and drive it 5 hours up to Rausch with no issue.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:47 AM
JK Junkie

Mostly chimed in because I don't know.

None of the people I wheel with have one, as I said I've ran through discos over the miles. If the ends don't blow as quickly is the larger investment worth it over longer periods of time?

I asked those questions to the next poster claiming to run it over let's say 20k. How is it holding up? Rattling? Play in the joints? Further purchase required?

Maybe since you have a bunch of buddies running em you've seen what I need to see.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:11 AM
JK Freak

One of the best upgrades I did in my modified TJ, flexing and stability on the trail was awesome. It was my DD too. Like others have said it has a little more body roll on the street but off road is where it shines. I will go to the antirock when my electric Rubicon sway bar takes a crap on my JK.

Quick Reply: AntiRock Sway Bar