Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any reason not to get an ARB twin? - CKMTA12

Old 09-30-2014, 03:47 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had my choice.. the ARB compressor would be the better choice.. Yet I still have plenty of space between the engine and radiator.. so I'll be looking to mount the Viair in or about that area and not back towards the firewall. But I would need a longer hose..
Old 09-30-2014, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
Vlad, I have the Twin ARB and I say BUY IT! You'll not regret it. It is too bad your winch control and fusion reactor are located where they are, that is where my ARB Twin sits, on the MORE mount. Have you considered fabbing a bracket and placing it behind either the left or right side of the ARB front bumper?
Another vote of confidence is good! I can't quite visualize where I could put it on the side of the bumper. Do you mean under the winch/ in the bumper kind of area? There is 'some' space over there, not sure if it is this much. Also would want it further in the engine bay as up here we get rain or snow year round and all the trails have mud holes you have to get through. The front area is just hit every time with gunk. I was thinking of mounting it under the passenger seat and just making my own bracket for it.

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
If I had my choice.. the ARB compressor would be the better choice.. Yet I still have plenty of space between the engine and radiator.. so I'll be looking to mount the Viair in or about that area and not back towards the firewall. But I would need a longer hose..
If you have the 3.8 there is enough room to actually mount an air tank in between and if you wanted to, both of the compressors on top of it (or one). I haven't priced what air hose goes for but would imagine it can't be that much? Hoping to run a couple lines so I have a spot to hook up in the drivers footwell and one in the back. So hope its reasonably priced!
Old 09-30-2014, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Another vote of confidence is good! I can't quite visualize where I could put it on the side of the bumper. Do you mean under the winch/ in the bumper kind of area? There is 'some' space over there, not sure if it is this much. Also would want it further in the engine bay as up here we get rain or snow year round and all the trails have mud holes you have to get through. The front area is just hit every time with gunk. I was thinking of mounting it under the passenger seat and just making my own bracket for it.

If you have the 3.8 there is enough room to actually mount an air tank in between and if you wanted to, both of the compressors on top of it (or one). I haven't priced what air hose goes for but would imagine it can't be that much? Hoping to run a couple lines so I have a spot to hook up in the drivers footwell and one in the back. So hope its reasonably priced!
Look behind the outer portions of your front bumper, looking from underneath or from the wheelwells forward. Look at that wasted space beside the foglights. It would fit there upside down with the right brackets.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

No idea what size compressor this is but gives you an idea that you can mount a 2 gallon up front.

Dominion OffRoad Jeep JK Ultimate OBA Air System with 2 Gallon Air Tank and In-Cab switch and Pressure Gauge | JeepSWAG
Old 09-30-2014, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
Look behind the outer portions of your front bumper, looking from underneath or from the wheelwells forward. Look at that wasted space beside the foglights. It would fit there upside down with the right brackets.
You mean the wings? There is some space there but I have trouble taking my fog lights on and off with tools in that spot. No way a full compressor can fit in there

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
No idea what size compressor this is but gives you an idea that you can mount a 2 gallon up front.

Dominion OffRoad Jeep JK Ultimate OBA Air System with 2 Gallon Air Tank and In-Cab switch and Pressure Gauge | JeepSWAG
I appreciate the suggestion but that is for the 3.8L
Old 09-30-2014, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Vladimer
I appreciate the suggestion but that is for the 3.8L

Heres the one for the 3.6 12+. Im sure you can add a tank on later if need be in the same area.

Dominion OffRoad 2012+ Jeep JK Ultimate OBA System | JeepSWAG
Old 09-30-2014, 05:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

It can go right under your new total innovations hood.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TOTLSilverHeatExpulsionHood2.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	577930

Problem solved...
Old 09-30-2014, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
It can go right under your new total innovations hood.

Attachment 577930

Problem solved...
Old 09-30-2014, 09:14 PM
JK Freak

What is the cost of the ARB Dual set up?
Old 09-30-2014, 10:58 PM
JK Freak

Personally I would go with the VAIR. I have the basic $199 set up that i bought for my 2012 and now have in my 2013 Rubi, from DOR. It inflates my 35's plenty fast, and although I dont have ARB lockers I believe you can get the necessary hardware to do it. I just wish they would come out with a kits with the air tank for the 2012+'s.

Quick Reply: Any reason not to get an ARB twin? - CKMTA12