Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any reason not to get an ARB twin? - CKMTA12

Old 10-01-2014, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Heres the one for the 3.6 12+. Im sure you can add a tank on later if need be in the same area.

Dominion OffRoad 2012+ Jeep JK Ultimate OBA System | JeepSWAG
Looks like that is something new for him, website looks different from the last time I saw it. There is also no description, no parts list, doesn't list the compressor, etc... might need to email him and see. Knowing him though it is probably a vair 400 mounted off the brake booster though (which I do not have the room for).
Old 10-01-2014, 06:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
It can go right under your new total innovations hood.
Problem solved...
Lol, now there is an idea.

Originally Posted by 08leocon
What is the cost of the ARB Dual set up?
Its about $500 for the compressor, then the tank and lines/fittings

Originally Posted by RedRockJeeper
Personally I would go with the VAIR. I have the basic $199 set up that i bought for my 2012 and now have in my 2013 Rubi, from DOR. It inflates my 35's plenty fast, and although I dont have ARB lockers I believe you can get the necessary hardware to do it. I just wish they would come out with a kits with the air tank for the 2012+'s.
The trouble I have with the vair is the dual 450's are almost half of what the ARB puts out and for an extra $130 I can get the ARB. Also I am not sure where I would mount it, can't go under the hood, can't go under the passenger seat (where I would plan to put the ABR), rear is going to have a full drawer system put in, and the units are kinda big from what I read.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Lol, now there is an idea.

Its about $500 for the compressor, then the tank and lines/fittings

The trouble I have with the vair is the dual 450's are almost half of what the ARB puts out and for an extra $130 I can get the ARB. Also I am not sure where I would mount it, can't go under the hood, can't go under the passenger seat (where I would plan to put the ABR), rear is going to have a full drawer system put in, and the units are kinda big from what I read.
I got my Twin ARB from RockRidge 4X4. They have a thread here somewhere. PM them for a price.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:59 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys,

Woods here from JeepSWAG / Dominion OffRoad

All of my kits use the 400c compressor. Especially if you're running duals, this little unit is the best out there. If you're running it as a single, then yes, you may have some duty cycle problems. It comes down to how you utilize it though. If you need to get over 30 PSI, then it may shut down. I tell my customers that the 400c will get you safe on the road, filling tires to 25 PSI. 25 PSI is safe to drive the hwy with. Not as good for tire ware and mileage, but safe to drive. I fill my tires to over 30 PSI, every time and have never hit the duty cycle limit.

I shouldn't be writing this yet... I don't like talking about products that are not yet released. I am working on a dual 400c compressor kit. It should be shipping by the end of the year. A little over 5 CFM and some cool whistles and bells. It will be a kit designed specifically for the JK.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Woods
Hey Guys,

Woods here from JeepSWAG / Dominion OffRoad

All of my kits use the 400c compressor. Especially if you're running duals, this little unit is the best out there. If you're running it as a single, then yes, you may have some duty cycle problems. It comes down to how you utilize it though. If you need to get over 30 PSI, then it may shut down. I tell my customers that the 400c will get you safe on the road, filling tires to 25 PSI. 25 PSI is safe to drive the hwy with. Not as good for tire ware and mileage, but safe to drive. I fill my tires to over 30 PSI, every time and have never hit the duty cycle limit.

I shouldn't be writing this yet... I don't like talking about products that are not yet released. I am working on a dual 400c compressor kit. It should be shipping by the end of the year. A little over 5 CFM and some cool whistles and bells. It will be a kit designed specifically for the JK.
Want me to test fit it in my Jeep to see how the product works for you guys ?
Old 10-01-2014, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put my twin ARB in the trunk hole
And I put a 2g tank in a rugged ridge evap skid
It will fill the tank from 0 to 160psi in 70 seconds.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

There have been some instances of the ARB units overheating when placed in the engine compartment or in other contained areas. This is thing makes some noise when it is it doing its thing so mounting in the cabin, IMO, should be avoided. Our ARB is in its own suitcase and came with its own tank. Like the OP, expensive but when you are airing up 37's that are 13.5 wide you don't want to be there all night so went big. The suit case version, IMO, reduces the overheating possibilities greatly as it is not in the engine bay or stuffed in a hole somewhere. ARB does make a rebuild kit for the unit if and when the overheat condition arises.

All that being said, the unit is quite impressive for airing up the big 37's from 8psi to 30psi, left our power plant in the dust. FYI, were issues with the power plant, returned to vendor. If the suitcase unit didn't weigh damn 50lbs it would be even nice but, whatcha gonna do?
Old 10-02-2014, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I believe I have also seen one mounted in the body behind the passenger brake light.

Sent using smoke signals
Old 10-05-2014, 05:02 PM
wml
JK Newbie

I'm kind of fixated on getting this as an upgrade. The idea of saving some time at the end of a long trail day sounds pretty good. I've seen them mounted by the rear wheel well in another 2 dr jk, seemed like a good spot (wondering how big the suitcase version is)?
Old 10-15-2014, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AC/DC
I put my twin ARB in the trunk hole
And I put a 2g tank in a rugged ridge evap skid
It will fill the tank from 0 to 160psi in 70 seconds.
What tank is that? Thanks

Quick Reply: Any reason not to get an ARB twin? - CKMTA12