Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody considering this radiator replacement? Flex-a-lite aluminum radiotor

Old 10-21-2014, 08:22 AM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody considering this radiator replacement? Flex-a-lite aluminum radiotor

Looks impressive:

2014 Jeep Wrangler Radiator Install - Keeping Your JK Cool
Old 10-21-2014, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the price on it? Out of curiousity
Old 10-21-2014, 12:44 PM
blw
JK Enthusiast

If this is same one, about $1000 for radiator with fan:

https://www.flex-a-lite.com/radiator...angler-jk.html
Old 10-21-2014, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

My Jeep has never gotten over 215 sitting still in the summer 90+ temps outside. So I think I'm going to stay stock for that price 😵 looks nice though.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:34 PM
blw
JK Enthusiast

stock radiators these days are plastic (!) and eventually crack - especially if vehicle is used offroad. that is why i am thinking of being premptive and having one of these installed. not sure it would in actuality be more reliable though... maybe others can weigh in.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Jeep has never gotten too hot in 120+ degree weather with A/C blasting. It may help control heat when crawling, but I would spend my $1000 other places first
Old 10-21-2014, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the hottest ive seen my temps were about 230 degrees and thats middle of day and doing some crawling. Back down to 190-200 during normal driving.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:49 AM
JK Junkie

I plan on going to this radiator when my stock needs replacing. Why? Crawling at altitude, you need all the surface area cooling and air you can get. Just general driving at 8k-12k feet will creep the temp gauge up to around 220-230. Add in crawling, and it climbs even higher. Having the extra surface area and manual fan would help a great deal. Engines don't cool off as well at altitude. There just isn't enough air molecules for the temp exchange to happen. The only combatting way? Improve flow and surface area. I've been holding off on PSC hood louver for this reason. I would rather apply the $160 toward the Flexalite set up, keep elements off my engine and have versatility in my cooling needs. Not to mention, in the dead of winter, I want heat under that hood. I actually saw the temp gauge drop a few times when we were snow shoeing, got back to the jeep, had the heat on full power and see the gauge drop quick.

This part is like no other. For most, the stock will work great. For some, they need something specific. Unless you have that need, for any mod, it's a waste of money.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

If not needed like stin's scenario. Why not save the $ Maybe for a new setup later with a S/C

Quick Reply: Anybody considering this radiator replacement? Flex-a-lite aluminum radiotor