Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACE rails

Old 10-21-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE rails

Just installed the 4 door rails for my JKUR. A few observations to help fellow Jeepers out...

1. While unscrewing the 3 washer/bolts on each side, they might not fall out easily. At the end they may just spin. Get a rubber mallet and pound downward forcfully. They will eventually come out.

2. Grinding the washers is a PITA but bite the bullet and buy a bench grinder. $40 at Home Depot. It took me 45 mins to grind down the washers.

3. Make sure you spray the bolts down with a rush protectant. I just used a RustOIleum primer from Home Depot. Use of LocTite is optional.

4. Installing rails is piece of cake. Get someone to hold up one end or place in a jack stand while you screw in one end.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics!! Please.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A cut-off wheel solves the washer problem in about 10 minutes!

Quick Reply: ACE rails