Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 56 of 56
  1. #51
    JK Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Grand Island, NE
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Does anyone know if theres a company making a twin screw for the 3.6?

  2. #52
    JK Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaUnlimited View Post
    Does anyone know if theres a company making a twin screw for the 3.6?
    Avenger makes a roots super charger for the JK however it's for the 3.8
    w ww.avengersuperchargers.com
    Northridge4x4

  3. #53
    JK Newbie ICTjku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Along with a stroker, wouldn't you be able to get some performance from larger valves, heavy springs.. maybe decking and porting the heads?
    2007 Sahara Unlimited

  4. #54
    JK Super Freak zstairlessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    I love cubic inches - a hemi or LS swap is great, then add the blower or turbo to it. Even if he gets the 3.8 stroked he can add FI after. Blower has instant on, all the turbos I've run have had a noticeable delay when you get on the throttle. The turbo whine isn't as intoxicating as a supercharger either, but that's just me.
    2008 Red Rock 2-door Rubicon - hard top
    2010 Surf Blue 2-door Rubicon - dual tops

  5. #55
    JK Super Freak DeucesALLin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICTjku
    Along with a stroker, wouldn't you be able to get some performance from larger valves, heavy springs.. maybe decking and porting the heads?
    I wouldnt bother with porting or anythng other than maybe some good springs and unshrouded valves... these are low rev motors.
    BEAUTY: 2002 GC Limited: 3"OME HD/5100s/Stillen brakes/HIDs/31.5" Cooper ATPs?All the shit needed to camp, tow, and rescue in style
    BEAST: 2007 JKX 6 spd: 3.3" Frankenlift/37x14.5 IROKs/BirdDogs/5100s/Locked 5.13s/Lighter than stock/All the shit needed to do it right

  6. #56
    JK Super Freak DeucesALLin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Houston,TX
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zstairlessone
    I love cubic inches - a hemi or LS swap is great, then add the blower or turbo to it. Even if he gets the 3.8 stroked he can add FI after. Blower has instant on, all the turbos I've run have had a noticeable delay when you get on the throttle. The turbo whine isn't as intoxicating as a supercharger either, but that's just me.
    I am willing to bet that I can squeeze some inches out with a set of DSM rods and a stock crank offset ground or 4.0 Pacifica intetnals... i am doing this only because I will rebuild this engine anyway- regardless of the FI.
    BEAUTY: 2002 GC Limited: 3"OME HD/5100s/Stillen brakes/HIDs/31.5" Cooper ATPs?All the shit needed to camp, tow, and rescue in style
    BEAST: 2007 JKX 6 spd: 3.3" Frankenlift/37x14.5 IROKs/BirdDogs/5100s/Locked 5.13s/Lighter than stock/All the shit needed to do it right

  7. Default JK-Forum


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •