Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone elses Hella Supertone chirp sound like a dead clown?

Old 08-18-2014, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone elses Hella Supertone chirp sound like a dead clown?

So I installed a set of hella supertone's, when laying on the horn it is distinctively louder. But when pressing the lock button on my keys, the quick chirp sounds like I'm squeezing the last bit of life out of a clown. Anyone else getting a bad tone from their hella's?
Old 08-20-2014, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

I can't be the only one that thinks the lock beep with the Hella's sounds like the horn on a clowns bicycle.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladimer
So I installed a set of hella supertone's, when laying on the horn it is distinctively louder. But when pressing the lock button on my keys, the quick chirp sounds like I'm squeezing the last bit of life out of a clown. Anyone else getting a bad tone from their hella's?
LOL!

use the settings menu to turn off the horn feature when you are locking it.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Lol, yeah I thought of that and did that for a day. But unless I'm right beside the Jeep I can't hear the solenoids in the door firing off and in the sunlight its hard to see the flash. Didn't realize how depending I was on the beep.

Quick Reply: Anyone elses Hella Supertone chirp sound like a dead clown?