Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone familar with SPOHN's mountain goat series Tie Rod

Old 04-26-2015, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ConroeJK
I'm running 16s, they do seem closer than stock and Spohn has some info on their sight about it and back spacing requirements. They also have some good customer service as far as Q&A, I had a couple of questions they responded the next day. I think they are really wanting to get deeper into this market, give them a call or email see what they say. I have a feeling it may be an issue.
yeah, I had contacted them through eBay. They were unsure about the 15s. As long as there is enough material, I'd grind some to fit.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd
yeah, I had contacted them through eBay. They were unsure about the 15s. As long as there is enough material, I'd grind some to fit.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to grind any material off the ends but I guess it would depend on how close it was.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:04 AM
srg
JK Newbie

I've used their F-body parts on old racecars. High quality parts!

I just ordered their rear track bar and track bar brace. I chose them because it's adjustable on the vehicle. Which is a huge selling point to me.

I'll update.

Last edited by srg; 07-26-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are just the ends available for sale? I'm thinking of making my own tie rod but really don't want to ream the knuckles for a 1 ton.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I've got their track bar bracket and it's beefy. It certainly does all it claims and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another spohn part.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ConroeJK
I think I'm going to give it a shot. I recently replaced the steering drag link, both ends with MOOG parts. Just having the higher quality ends on that helped the feel of the steering. The ends on my tie rod seem loose to me, factory bushing are crap. I'll pull the trigger the end of this month.
I thought one end of the drag link was pinch or something so it could not be replaced? Did you order a ew draglink with Moog ends new?
Old 08-01-2015, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

I just got the Spohn tie rod and drag link for my jk. Putting it on next Saturday. I will post pics and review. Have pretty bad wandering with my AEV 2.5 lift with 3/4 inch. Puck.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will like it, I think for the price it's the best buy out there for direct bolt on.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

I bought a used 2010 Jeep Wrangler a couple years ago. It has a Mountain Goat Suspension on it. My beefy Mt Goat Drag Link is getting hit by the nut on the tie rod. At this point, you can buy tie rod ends ($49/ea, TRE1T-875-18L), but the drag link ($249) is out of stock and no longer being manufactured. You can buy one from Synergy ($300) which will work fine (according to Spohn, who is the primary distributor of Mt Goat products). Also, the Steering Damper is no longer being manufactured. Bummer for me. I'm heading to an off-road mechanic shop on Tuesday to consider my options.

Last edited by Aggiephoenix; 01-24-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone familar with SPOHN's mountain goat series Tie Rod