Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone familar with SPOHN's mountain goat series Tie Rod

Old 04-04-2015, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone familar with SPOHN's mountain goat series Tie Rod

Looking at this for a tie rod replacement. Advertises one ton tie rod ends with factory taper, no drilling required. Under $250

Any other suggestions, I don't want to have to drill out the knuckle and I don't need a rock climbing bullet proof model. Really would like to just replace the tie rod ends with something HD and grease able.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2799168012.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	604810  
Old 04-06-2015, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for some reviews on this also. I need to buy something within the next week to get my Jeep ready for a May wheeling trip. I'm leaning toward this one because the Synergy ones are still on back order.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0
I'm looking for some reviews on this also. I need to buy something within the next week to get my Jeep ready for a May wheeling trip. I'm leaning toward this one because the Synergy ones are still on back order.
I think I'm going to give it a shot. I recently replaced the steering drag link, both ends with MOOG parts. Just having the higher quality ends on that helped the feel of the steering. The ends on my tie rod seem loose to me, factory bushing are crap.

I'll pull the trigger the end of this month.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

I don't know about the tie rod, but Spohn has been making suspension parts for Camaros/Firebirds for years and has a good reputation in that community. I had a set of his rear lower control arms on my old Firebird and never had problems with them. I am interested in their rock sliders. They are similar looking to the Smittybilt SRC Side Armor but are American made. Might have to get a set.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought their front and rear track bars, so far so good. Saw the reviews about the F-Bodies and had to believe the good reviews from them.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the input, I'll order the tie rod next pay day.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

Got the Spohn mountain goat tie rod on today, nothing hard about it, most difficult thing is trying to get the Toe in set back as close as possible.

As for the rod and the ends it is definitely beefy. This combined with my new moog drag link the steering is tight and solid. I think it great for the price.

Also did the prothane greaseable sway bar bushings. Not sure they are worth the effort.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2903468449.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	608261  
Old 04-26-2015, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

I did end up getting the Spohn tie rod, with the steering stabilizer relocation bracket. It's very beefy. I would recommend it.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ConroeJK
Got the Spohn mountain goat tie rod on today, nothing hard about it, most difficult thing is trying to get the Toe in set back as close as possible. As for the rod and the ends it is definitely beefy. This combined with my new moog drag link the steering is tight and solid. I think it great for the price. Also did the prothane greaseable sway bar bushings. Not sure they are worth the effort.
Any chance you noticed any size difference on the ends? I'm running 15s and trying to determine fitment.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd
Any chance you noticed any size difference on the ends? I'm running 15s and trying to determine fitment.
I'm running 16s, they do seem closer than stock and Spohn has some info on their sight about it and back spacing requirements. They also have some good customer service as far as Q&A, I had a couple of questions they responded the next day. I think they are really wanting to get deeper into this market, give them a call or email see what they say. I have a feeling it may be an issue.

Quick Reply: Anyone familar with SPOHN's mountain goat series Tie Rod