Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone run 35" MT's more than 50 miles everyday?

Old 09-02-2014, 12:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran duratracs in the 33's for a couple years without any sidewall issues. With the 4 door I ran 35" nitto trail grapplers. LOUD... very loud... also commute about 70km each day + extra driving around. Realized I don't need that aggressive of a tire and wouldn't mind a bit more road comfort. Took them off and replaced them with 35" duratracs. Great for wheeling and nice and quiet. No lumping around feeling and the setup weights about 25lbs less per tire.

Not mine, but here is a video of some guy reviewing the duratracs. I love my duratracs though, great tire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32RLuzD5tbg
Old 09-02-2014, 02:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TxJeepers
Do you want to hear tire hum or not? How loud or not loud is subjective. MTs hum and ATs don't. Are you sold on only those two? Check out the Cooper STMAXX. They now offer them in a 315 (35 in metric). Strong side wall and hybrid design.
The hum does not bother me. I was looking at other tires but I just like the Nittos. I guess I'll just have to find the best deal.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tapcola
Once a week I drive into work 150 miles round trip , other days I take a bus .I run 35 Mudd grapplers and its smooth as glass ! I just smile and laugh at the guy next to me as he roles up his window when I go by at 80 . Side note went out this weekend with a bunch of guys and the one with duratracks put a twig in the side wall . 2nd time !
Yeah, thats what scares me. I wheeled with a guy last year who was running duratracs. Rock went right thru his sidewall. I dont wheel alot but when I do I dont want to worry about my tires getting cut up.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for all the replies...I really appriciate all your input.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Anyone run 35" MT's more than 50 miles everyday?