Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anything to be gained from switching from rk sway disconexts to jks ?

Old 07-23-2014, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anything to be gained from switching from rk sway disconexts to jks ?

Found a set of JKs sway bar disconnects on local Craig's list for 120. I currently have 2.5 flex kit but will start on my rear soon. Any performance gains or piece of mind insurance gains going to JKs? As it is i manual disconnect as it is in my rubicon. I was hoping these would give me enough room to where I don't have to manual disconnect and worry about turning my links I to pretzels. Thanks in advance. Doug.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Learo2000GT
Found a set of JKs sway bar disconnects on local Craig's list for 120. I currently have 2.5 flex kit but will start on my rear soon. Any performance gains or piece of mind insurance gains going to JKs? As it is i manual disconnect as it is in my rubicon. I was hoping these would give me enough room to where I don't have to manual disconnect and worry about turning my links I to pretzels. Thanks in advance. Doug.
Not quite sure what you are asking, brother. I'm reading two different things from everything you've said. So I'll just respond to both of what *I* see, and please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think I'm reading that you have Rock Krawler Disconnects, and are looking at switching to JKS Disconnects. Any gains or piece of mind? Absolutely NOT. A disco is a disco. Both are quality. Save your money.

The other thing I read is that you don't have disconnects, but use the stock Rubicon disconnects atm. If this is the case.. GET the JKS ones. Or even the 60 dollar Rough Country ones. They do the EXACT same job. The JKS ones just look better Even with the Rubicon disconnects, you are still limited by how far the links can move. With a proper set of disconnects, your travel can't be restricted by the swaybar links.

I hope I answered your question, lol.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:44 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Learo2000GT

It sounds like you manually disconnect your links in the front right now correct? Unfortunately the rubicon electric disconnect feature is based around the factory travel, so when you put much longer travel shocks in the system like we do the factory disconnect feature can't keep up. This is why you see bent sway bar link pins on rubicons often when they are not manually disconnected. You can put a longer link on the jeep but depending how much longer it is that can change the operating angle of the sway bar. Which in turn can change the handling characteristics of the vehicle.

RK
Old 07-24-2014, 08:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Why not just remove the e-disco and sell it? I'm sure there are other mods that you can use that money towards.

Last edited by nthinuf; 07-24-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Why not just remove the e-disco and sell it? I'm sure there are other mods that you can use that money towards.
I have thought about it but JKU mods stock are not worth S much as you think. I had brand new hard top that I ended up gettig 1200 for. It's nice on mellow trails or when Lining up thr disconnects. Also on foresy roads using the release make for s more comfortable ride. It's extreme off roading that I undo them. Going to stick with rk. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Anything to be gained from switching from rk sway disconexts to jks ?