Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARB Deluxe JK Bumper intall main chassis mounting question

Old 09-19-2016, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB Deluxe JK Bumper intall main chassis mounting question

I have recently bought a used ARB Deluxe JK Bumper which I plan to install myself. I have looked at the ARB install instructions and any and all write ups of these bumpers, but the specific question of how the 8 chassis mounting bolts are attached is unanswered.

I only want to attach the bumper to the frame by the 8 bolts supplied by ARB (forgoing the frame drilling), but am unsure as to how the 8 bolts are secured (by the stock bumper nuts or recessed threads which I have not seen on this bumper?).

My used bumper came with no mounting equipment, but this is the portion of the ARB instructions which the ARB tech guy told me to work off of. Click image for larger version

Name:	arb bolts chassis mounting kit.png
Views:	248
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	657139

I think I only need the M10 SEMS x 30 ZP Grade bolts, but wth do these bolts thread into?
Old 09-20-2016, 01:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First that bolt size is ridiculous.
Drive down to ace hardware and buy a standard size 1/2" grade 8 bolt with washers and some good all metal locking nuts.

The frame has huge square end mounts to throw the bumper on. Easy money.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

I have install 2 - ARB Bulll Front Bumpers. One on 2014 Willys JKU and one on 2016 Rubicon JKU. At Lowes or Home Depot you can pick up 8 - M10 X 30 Grade 8.8 Metric Bolts and lock washers. The bolts with lock washers feed from the back of the frame horns holes and thread into the front bumper. Also you will need the rest of the hardware listed on your attachment to properly install the ARB Front Bumper. You may get luck and call ARB and ask for Technical Support and they may send you the front bumper bolts and hardware kit.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WillysWheeler
I have install 2 - ARB Bulll Front Bumpers. One on 2014 Willys JKU and one on 2016 Rubicon JKU. At Lowes or Home Depot you can pick up 8 - M10 X 30 Grade 8.8 Metric Bolts and lock washers. The bolts with lock washers feed from the back of the frame horns holes and thread into the front bumper. Also you will need the rest of the hardware listed on your attachment to properly install the ARB Front Bumper. You may get luck and call ARB and ask for Technical Support and they may send you the front bumper bolts and hardware kit.
Thanks for the info... So you used lock washers on the front of the frame? Is that what is originally given from ARB? I bought the bolts and matching nuts, will this setup work the same as the lock washer/ bolt set up?
Old 09-23-2016, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Refer to step 11 of ARB Front Bull Bumper instructions and you will need 8 - lock washers and 8 - flat washers. The nuts are not needed because the ARB Front Bumper holes are already thread from ARB Factory.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WillysWheeler
Refer to step 11 of ARB Front Bull Bumper instructions and you will need 8 - lock washers and 8 - flat washers. The nuts are not needed because the ARB Front Bumper holes are already thread from ARB Factory.
Cool, I just bought the lock washers and for others in my situation, the 8 ARB chassis mounting threaded holes have a 1.50 pitch. I will be installing the bumper this Tuesday and will post a pic when done. My last question is regarding the amber lights on both ends of the bumper. I see there is a female connector port for the lights, how/ where do you connect these lights? (If splicing is involved, I will probably forgo hooking these up for now...) Much thanks!
Old 09-28-2016, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

The Amber Lights in the Front ARB Bumper can be tied into the Flare Lights. Also ARB make a harness but on both of my ARB Front Bumper installations on 2014 and 2016 JKU I tired Amber Lights in the Flare Lights.

Quick Reply: ARB Deluxe JK Bumper intall main chassis mounting question