Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Argh. Need new Synergy ball joints again

Old 09-18-2016, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a set of synergy bj's replaced under warranty last year. Maybe 6 months old?

I do wish there was a permanent solutions to this issue - other than upgrading to 60’s.
Old 09-18-2016, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dahreno
You have some other issue going on causing them to fail. I would call them,last I heard, they claim not a single failure reported and mine have lasted for years on 35's, I live by the Rubicon and wheel every weekend. What do you do with your Jeep ? What size tire are you running ?
Who's claiming not a single failure? Synergy??

Lol
Old 09-18-2016, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had Synergy balljoints, lowers lasted only a year. Put stock back in and it's been over 2 years and they are still tight.
I have heard nothing but good from the TF HD balljoints.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Just thought I would throw this out there because it could be useful to those wanting to switch out from synergy balljoints. My buddy took out his synergys and replaced them with the teraflex joints only to find out the lowers wouldn't press in tight. I guess the synergys run slightly bigger and increase the diameter of the axle c
Old 09-18-2016, 09:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
Just thought I would throw this out there because it could be useful to those wanting to switch out from synergy balljoints. My buddy took out his synergys and replaced them with the teraflex joints only to find out the lowers wouldn't press in tight. I guess the synergys run slightly bigger and increase the diameter of the axle c
To caveat off this, Teraflex also makes knurled balljoints which is what you would need.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

I've also heard TF ball joints you have to shave off some material from somewhere. Hence the reason I've not thought about the TFs much.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
To caveat off this, Teraflex also makes knurled balljoints which is what you would need.
That's just it he did get the knurled. Still too loose. He called teraflex and their response was they have been getting calls from guys who did this swap with the same results
Old 09-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
I've also heard TF ball joints you have to shave off some material from somewhere. Hence the reason I've not thought about the TFs much.
It's minor grinding on the axleshaft stub from sloppy casting. It's something that should have been done out of the factory and frankly wouldn't be acceptable on a more expensive vehicle.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
That's just it he did get the knurled. Still too loose. He called teraflex and their response was they have been getting calls from guys who did this swap with the same results
So what did he do?
Old 09-18-2016, 11:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
So what did he do?
He called quadratec returned the tf and they sent him synergys at no charge

Tf did acknowledge this issue

Quick Reply: Argh. Need new Synergy ball joints again