Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Argh. Need new Synergy ball joints again

Old 09-29-2016, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I'd never paid to have them done, but it seems like I've read others in the past saying $200-$250 total. For a normal Joe to do it at home, in a garage, with hand tools and floor jacks, it's a solid 3-4 hr job (There are little things that eat up time working at home....jacking up jeep, supporting it, working in less than ideal positions, getting up to get hat tool you forgot, getting a fresh cold beer.....things that are a lot easier if you had a lift in a shop). For a shop, with a lift, that does this kinda work all the time, I'd think maybe 2 - 2.5 hrs? That seems to make a lot more sense when considering labor rate per hour. IDK....maybe others will chime in. Seems really high though.
Called Northridge4x4 and got the Teraflex (3442002) for close to the same price as the Synergy. Hopefully the right choice. Now to find a shop.

Quick Reply: Argh. Need new Synergy ball joints again