Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATX SLAB Beadlock install questions

Old 06-14-2016, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Beadlocks are fun!!!

As noted repeatedly, they're not tough to do and you'll get faster with each one. I have a Discount by the house that would break the back bead for me, then I'd wrestle the old tire off, soap up the new tire and slap it on, then start with the beadlock ring. Don't get in a hurry and check them often for the first few hundred miles.

BTW, there are 24 bolts on each of my Walker Evans wheels. 40's were another problem as they're too big to be balanced at Discount. With no weight on, I've driven to Moab and back, and put a few more thousand miles on since I put new tires on and have no wobble at all.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

So I picked up a set of slabs... I'll be doing my install next week. Did you install the TPMS sensors or just ditch them?
Old 06-14-2016, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ditched my tpms sensors.

Now need to get procal and turn the dummy light off.. lol
Old 06-14-2016, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
So I picked up a set of slabs... I'll be doing my install next week. Did you install the TPMS sensors or just ditch them?
I installed the TPMS sensor in mine.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got rid of my sensors.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2016, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default Tpms

I wanted to keep them. Ordered a set off ebay. Right around $50 for 5 as opposed to $65 each through the dealer.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:50 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Beadlocks are fun to mount and balance.

We do offer that service to our customers who buy Beadlocks and Tires at the same time.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well guys. I did the install yesterday by myself.

I'm glad you guys helped me make the decision to go at it alone. It was a cool experience. Took me a little over 4 hours to do all 5 wheels, taking my time, double checking, and then re-installing the wheels.

I got about 70 miles on them right now, and I'm gonna re check all the beadlock bolts at 100 miles, so that would be tomorrow.

I have had the jeep all the way up to 60mph and so far ZERO shake. I was planning on getting balanced today, but they don't shake at all!! What gives? They made that well, that they don't need weight? I'm running nitto trails on them.

Another question. When I check the bolts tomorrow, should I put the jeep bAck up on blocks and take the air out of ll the tires to re-torque? I saw a video online that said to do that. Others have just torqued them on the ground with full air.

Thoughts?

Old 06-20-2016, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I've put a few thousand on mine since I last checked them, but I never aired them back down, nor did I jack them up. I'm also still not running any weight on them and I have no shake, shimmy, or wobble.

Quick Reply: ATX SLAB Beadlock install questions