Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATX SLAB Beadlock install questions

Old 06-20-2016, 05:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jedg
So I picked up a set of slabs... I'll be doing my install next week. Did you install the TPMS sensors or just ditch them?
Where'd you get yours from J?
Old 06-20-2016, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Where'd you get yours from J?
A fellow on here had them posted... just inside VA north of Raleigh. Went up there last weekend and got them. I have them disassembled in the garage right now. Just put Dynatrac ProGrips on tonight. Will have a local shop dismount my current KM2 and then I'll mount them on the slabs myself by the weekend.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would be a good psi to run in these on trail? Lowest I have gone on my old rims that were normal beaded rims, was 15.

What would be a good psi to start at?
Old 06-20-2016, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by miraclemax
What would be a good psi to run in these on trail? Lowest I have gone on my old rims that were normal beaded rims, was 15. What would be a good psi to start at?
I run mine at 8 psi on hardcore trails.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

What would be a good psi to run in these on trail? Lowest I have gone on my old rims that were normal beaded rims, was 15.

What would be a good psi to start at?
10-12 in mine will pretty much cover whatever I want to do. If we're going especially gnarly crawling, 6-8 makes it into a whole new machine.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just checked all the bolts at about 85 mile since install. I checked them at 21#. Not a single one had moved. All were perfect.

I have been to 60-65 mph, and don't notice any vibration in the wheel. I guess maybe I should try 70-80 mph as well and see.

But would not having these balanced at a shop affect anything? Like tire wear etc? They seem to be running fine!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jedg
A fellow on here had them posted... just inside VA north of Raleigh. Went up there last weekend and got them. I have them disassembled in the garage right now. Just put Dynatrac ProGrips on tonight. Will have a local shop dismount my current KM2 and then I'll mount them on the slabs myself by the weekend.
Awesome... post pics when you get them mounted... I'm getting the itch!!
Old 06-21-2016, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

I run 5-6 psi on the trails, for rock crawling at least. If its dirt trails and higher speed stuff, ill keep it around 12 psi.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:54 PM
JK Junkie

Just checked all the bolts at about 85 mile since install. I checked them at 21#. Not a single one had moved. All were perfect. I have been to 60-65 mph, and don't notice any vibration in the wheel. I guess maybe I should try 70-80 mph as well and see. But would not having these balanced at a shop affect anything? Like tire wear etc? They seem to be running fine!
I have had mine on for 4 years and have never balanced them. Only had to retorque a couple of the bolts that whole time.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by JKZinger
I have had mine on for 4 years and have never balanced them. Only had to retorque a couple of the bolts that whole time.
So reading this I decided to run them without balancing and see what I thought. I'm amazed that they don't need balanced. I run up to 80mph and no vibrations.

Quick Reply: ATX SLAB Beadlock install questions