Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Axe mount

Old 07-23-2014, 04:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think the fella meant no disrespect, he was just trying to help him out. Seems he needs an ax after all...

I bought a kit from the local Ace hardware that has jumper cables, hatchet, folding hand saw, mag light, and a multi tool. I think I paid 20 bucks for it on sale. Been a handy little kit, especially during hunting season. Because I hunt, about the only thing in that kit I don't use regularly is the jumper cables. (And that's a GOOD thing)

I will say this, and not to hi jack the thread, but where do you guys put your rifles? (Zombie or deer rifles) I have a 2 door JK, so not much room.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
I don't think the fella meant no disrespect, he was just trying to help him out. Seems he needs an ax after all... I bought a kit from the local Ace hardware that has jumper cables, hatchet, folding hand saw, mag light, and a multi tool. I think I paid 20 bucks for it on sale. Been a handy little kit, especially during hunting season. Because I hunt, about the only thing in that kit I don't use regularly is the jumper cables. (And that's a GOOD thing) I will say this, and not to hi jack the thread, but where do you guys put your rifles? (Zombie or deer rifles) I have a 2 door JK, so not much room.
I fold up my back seat (2door) and I can easily fit any of my guns in the back with my backpack and extra clothes when it's cold. I can also fit my hunting buddy's stuff back there.

When we go shooting, I just put my guns in the rear floorboard in the cases.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that would work under normal circumstances, but sometimes I have both my boys with me which rules out folding the seat up. I saw where there was some type of above head mount that attaches to the roll bar, but that looks like it would be a pain to get the guns in and out of.;
Old 07-23-2014, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedRockJeeper
I maybe wrong, but I was under the understanding that an axe, a shovel, and a bucket, were required with campfire permits in the People's Republic of California. Don't quote me on that however!
Nevada requires an axe, shovel, and 2 gallons of water to be carried during the summer months.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pats fan
the op bought a jeep with his own hard earned cash, I don't think anyone has a right to tell him what he should or shouldn't do with his own jeep.
Sure we do. He posted a question and many will respond, some with advice he'll go with, some he won't. Everyone has an opinion and a differing answer to a question. Mine was one of many he'll receive. I don't think I TOLD him to do anything. I just gave an opinion. Take a deep breath and relax.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:18 PM
JK Super Freak

So far, I have used mine to cut fire wood and tinder and keep the Gerber axe in rear storage compartment. I am of the belief, it is better to have and not need than to need and not have. To each his own.

Last edited by GunDude; 07-23-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have an axle and shovel from my last vehicle and have been looking for a place to mount them. Its not a little hatchet that would fit on the inside of the tailgate. The hood my be a good place. I just don't know if it's worth $130. Have look more in to it.

I will admit i have only ever used the alxe at campsites. I would never you spend the time to cut up a log in the middle of the trail. In pass just found another way or turned around.
I have think of getting a chainsaw since I sped most of time in the forest but don't know want to get or were to mount it.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM
JK Freak

those quickfists rubber mounts would hold a hunting rifle securely, you can mount the with zips or self tapping screws in lots of places like rollbars or tail gate ect.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a shovel and a axe mounted to the inside of my tail gate. Both held on with 2 quick fits clamps each. Cheap clean and effective. The spade end of the shovel mounts so the curve goes with the door.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by justin22
I have a shovel and a axe mounted to the inside of my tail gate. Both held on with 2 quick fits clamps each. Cheap clean and effective. The spade end of the shovel mounts so the curve goes with the door.
Same here! Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1406235561324.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	567368

Quick Reply: Axe mount