Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

backspaced rims

Old 02-23-2017, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default backspaced rims

i bought some rims several yrs ago with backspacing but i dont remember how much , is there a way to check ? fixing to upgrade to a bigger tire and have concerns about rubbing
Old 02-23-2017, 05:53 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Turn the wheel outside face down, put a level or something flat across the backside of the rim, and measure from where the hub would meet the backside of the wheel to whatever flat surface you've laid across it.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mick0613
i bought some rims several yrs ago with backspacing but i dont remember how much , is there a way to check ? fixing to upgrade to a bigger tire and have concerns about rubbing
Take a straight edge across the back of the wheel from bead to bead and measure from the straight edge to the mounting surface of the wheel. Not exact but darn close.

Click image for larger version

Name:	choosingdiagram.gif
Views:	98
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	667219

Quick Reply: backspaced rims